Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior Service MI Officer wanting Missouri National Guard enlistment

Sir,
    I am a prior service Army officer looking to enlist in Missouri National Guard. Yes, I have talked to a recruiter with DD214 in hand but my situation brings pause due to it's uniqueness. Prior service officer, with enlisted time, that has completed all Active Duty Service Obligation (ADSO) looking to serve in Missouri National Guard.
    Whom do I need to contact? What is my process for regaining commission after signing REFRAD and resignation eight years ago due fulfilled ADSO? Do I need to contact Missouri Officer Strength Management?

Here is info from my DD214:

Branch of Service - Army
    Currently in the IRR -No
    Rank Block 4b -03
    Block 6 states -0000\00\00
    Block 12a states -1998\05\30
    Block 12b states -2003\02\23
    Block 15b states - Yes
    Block 23 states -Discharge
    Block 24 states - Honorable
    Block 25 states -AR 600-8-24, Para 3 - 5
    Block 26 states -F:ND
    Block 27 states -NA
    Block 28 states - Miscellaneous\General Reasons

Can you point me in the right direction?

Re: Prior Service MI Officer wanting Missouri National Guard enlistment

So now I'm confused. Do you want to serve as an enlisted Soldier or as an officer? Either are fine paths, and both have their advantages and disadvantages. If you want to get back into commissioned service, then go straight there, don't add confusion by enlisting first.

Contact the MOARNG OSM shop. Your local recruiter can put you in touch. The code word to use is "reappointment." For best results, have ready your DD214s, OERs, certified copy of your college diploma, proof of completion of OBC/BOLC (and OAC/CCC, if applicable), and ORB. It's a board action, so there's some waiting time, but the clock doesn't start until you do your part, so call today.

Comment

Sir,
      Yes, I want to serve as an Officer in the Missouri National Guard.
      Next question. Where can I retrieve copies of OER's? I do have copies of DD214 and transcripts though.

Comment

Originally posted by CDM
        Sir,
        Yes, I want to serve as an Officer in the Missouri National Guard.
        Next question. Where can I retrieve copies of OER's? I do have copies of DD214 and transcripts though.
        You may still have an iPERMS record: https://iperms.army.mil/.

Otherwise, submit a request through NARA: www.nara.gov
        NARA can take several months, so submit it today. Don't let that stop you from talking to your OSM in the meantime.

Comment

Hello I received information that you were interested in serving as an Officer in the Missouri Army National Guard. I am a member of the Officer Recruiting Team and would be more than happy to discuss your various options, but I need a little bit more information about you. Please contact me at adrienne.moore@us.army.mil and provide me with a phone number or e-mail so that I can get in touch with you. Thank you so much.

V/R

ADRIENNE K. MOORE
          CPT, AV, MOARNG
          Officer Strength Management
          573-638-9500 Ext 7165

Comment

Working...
          X