X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re-3 Helpppppp!!!!

I was in the National Guard, and was discharged at my 5th week of bct at ft. knox for a prior existing injury. I received a RE-3 LFW, now i'm trying to enlist in the regular army I got a note from my doctor saying that I could return to duty without limitations, but once I brought the note to the recruiter he said my chances are unlikely, I mean he said they are accepting waivers right now. Anyways he did send my packet to MEPS and I will most likely be going in a week, but the ultimate decision is up to the Surgeon General, and not the MEPS physician. Does anyone know if this is a 100% no go or what? I really want to be back in the Army, and I won't stop trying untill I am. Please give me some feedback thanks.

Re: Re-3 Helpppppp!!!!

Originally posted by Baker39466
    but once I brought the note to the recruiter he said my chances are unlikely
    Originally posted by Baker39466
    Does anyone know if this is a 100% no go or what? I really want to be back in the Army, and I won't stop trying untill I am.
    Answered your own question in there, GL though! Now are you trying to get back into the Army or the Guard? You said Army so just checking.
    Last edited by SGT Bart; June 16th, 2010, 09:21 AM.

Comment

I was discharged from the guard in 2002 with a JFW. I just got back in (albit, it was the guard). The waiver process took a good year, but it worked, and was worth it. Stick to your guns and give it a go, it might just work out in your favor. Don't get your hopes up, though.

Comment

I'm trying to join active Army, but really i'll take anything. I just want to serve my country, and complete bct. I won't be satisfied untill I accomplish that goal. I have way too much pride in myself to just give up on something like that. I wanted to join the military since I was little.

PS: I have a secret to tell, the prior existing injury I have is a abnormal sternum bone that sticks out of my chest about a 1/4 of an inch. The reason I was discharged was because I stated that it hurt to wear my IBA. Now there was alot of drama, and family problems coming to me by mail. I lied about the IBA hurting my chest, and got discharged for it. I've been scared to tell anyone about this, but that's the truth. Should I say that at my physical, or will it even matter? The sternum bone doesn't even bother me at all. I feel so stupid for what i've done, but theres no sense in regret because I cannot change the past. It's now up to the surgeon general to give me a second chance. I pray everyday that he does. feedback??

Comment

I would tell them that you lied so that they dont really think you had a problem with it.

Comment

Originally posted by jrsdaddy View Post
            I would tell them that you lied so that they dont really think you had a problem with it.
            Morally I agree. I learned to not lie.

Comment

If you are trying to join active duty, I have a great forum for you it's found at goarmy.com.

Comment

Are you being funny chappy?

Comment

Working...
                X