X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the minimum enlistment time?

What is the minimum enlistment time? I am prior service and am thinking about a short enlistment. I was thinking of 18-24 months.

Thanks,

Wreckdiver_josh

Re: What is the minimum enlistment time?

Originally posted by Wreckdiver_Josh
    What is the minimum enlistment time? I am prior service and am thinking about a short enlistment. I was thinking of 18-24 months.

Thanks,

Wreckdiver_josh
    Think again....3 yrs

Why would you do 18 months??? What's the point??

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
      Think again....3 yrs

Why would you do 18 months??? What's the point??
      Sergeant, correct me if i'm wrong, but couldn't he also do a Try One since he's prior service. Haven't heard of it being pulled, but then again, I should probably stay in my lane.

Comment

Whats a Try One? Is that a 12 month enlistment.... Sounds like a "try before you buy"....kind of thing....I'd be all over that!

Comment

Prior Service re-enlistment options in years.

1 (If it still exists)

Last 2 are only chance of getting a bonus, if they still do them. SSG Tischner is a full time recruiter on here and would have more details. Talk to someone in your state for specifics.

Comment

Originally posted by M.Bradley
            Sergeant, correct me if i'm wrong, but couldn't he also do a Try One since he's prior service. Haven't heard of it being pulled, but then again, I should probably stay in my lane.

Try 1 option stopped I think last year, no more of that.

Comment

It's no longer called "try one", but you can still just do a one year enlistment if you are prior service.

Comment

Ok all BS aside. Does "Try One" = Tri One?

You can try one 12 month enlistment. O... then you are only obligated to 24 more months...???

Comment

I'm on a "try one" currently, started in Feb.

Comment

I thought the Try-1 option was gone? Or is that another one of the Guards daily changes that they make?

Comment

The Try One was only for prior service. Primarily for other branches to "try" the national guard for a year. But any prior service could do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Wreckdiver_Josh
                        Ok all BS aside. Does "Try One" = Tri One?

You can try one 12 month enlistment. O... then you are only obligated to 24 more months...???

Ok...I'll say it again...

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                        It's no longer called "try one", but you can still just do a one year enlistment if you are prior service.
                        do your one year if you want and then get out if thats what you want

Comment

do the one year enlistments end with I.R.R. time?

Are you deployable during that year now? (think when it was try one, you were undeployable)

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart

Are you deployable during that year now? (think when it was try one, you were undeployable)
                            I don't believe they end in IRR time. Good question. Infact, you can do like what I did and use it to consume the remainder of your IRR time. I did 6 years drilling + 9 months on IRR + 15 months drilling.

Sure you're deployable. If deployment came about the time you were up...it's not impossible to get involuntarily extended. I don't know of anyone that fought to bypass a deployment at the end of their contract.

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart

Like I mentioned earlier, I started a Try One contract in February. I'll have no IRR obligation when my year is up. I am also currently non-deployable, but that's due to the fact that I'm not MOSQ (yet). According to the recruiter I went through, I could have gotten a non-deployable agreement worked into the contract, but I passed on that as I joined for the opportunity to deploy again. One perk of Try One is you have a shot at a reenlistment bonus at the end of the year, should you want to continue serving, just as if it were a normal term of enlistment.

Comment

Working...
                              X