Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Can I Get In?

Originally posted by ArmyNG85
    Thanks for the information. I won't give up on this. I'm a determined white boy.

Just take your NGB 22 to a Recruiting station, go to the Army office, ask for the station commander or the reserve recruiter. Show it to them they will give you a yes or no answer.

If you get a no answer, walk out the door, down the hall to the marines. Show them and see.

Like I said before The entire army as a whole is not really doing drug or High level morale waivers.

The airforce is just as strict if not more so.

The marines are still strict but they might take you as I cannot comment on their enlistment criteria.

Also if you find a willing recruiter you can try for an "exception to policy" this is higher than a waiver, and really over rides a waiver.

These are EXTREMELY rare. Do not get your hopes up. But its a option.

Comment

Just wait until another war kicks off and you will get your waiver. I am pretty much in same boat, when they need you, ie: supply and demand, war kicks off, etc....you will be let in, until then, we have to just live with the choices we made to get us where we are out now.

Comment

To each their own. I won't be giving up anytime soon. Good luck to you.

Comment

I finally got something in the mail from the National Archives. It appears they have no record of me at all, so is that a good thing in my case?

Comment

Would it be safe to say that I could go to the recruiter as if I had never been in the service? The fact that the National Archives doesn't have anything on me after 3 years and there is no mention of RE-4 or anything related on my separation paperwork, gives me some hope. However, I don't know if the background check will bring up my separation from the ANG or not. I want to be as up front and honest to the recruiter as I can be. What do you guys think? Feel free to respond or send me a private message. Any help is greatly appreciated.
            Last edited by ArmyNG85; May 3rd, 2010, 07:21 PM.

Comment

tough crowd...

Comment

tough crowd...
                No, you've been already told what's up. Now you are talking about being dishonest about trying to get back in.......

Comment

The "tough crowd" comment was because of the lack of response or help after I twice asked for it (last two posts on page 2). I understand that people aren't always on the forums 24/7 but within a few days, I'd expect to see some kind of feedback. I said that I would post again once I found out something from the National Archives. I'm not talking about being dishonest to get back in so I'm not sure where you got that from....? I asked for advice, hence the "What do you guys think?" 3 posts earlier because my situation is unique.

You've misunderstood my posts and I'm sorry for that but don't accuse me of trying to be dishonest because that couldn't be further from the truth. I have integrity and just want to know the best way to go about trying to get back in. I find it very unusual that the National Archives has nothing on me and the only thing on my separation paperwork is ASVAB scores, no RE-4 or the word "drug" anywhere. I know I've been given some advice already but now that I've added some new information, I wanted feedback or guidance.

I'm not full of myself but I'm pretty sure that I'm more qualified for military service than at least 75% of the people who walk into an Army recruiters office to enlist. I base this on my physical status, mental toughness, integrity, education, and accomplishments. I'm not worried about basic or OSUT in the slightest bit...I know what to expect because I've had a taste of it already. The mental game won't have any effect on me and the physical stuff I'm already preparing for. My grandfather has told me story after story of his experiences as a Marine in the Pacific front of WWII...both of my parents served honorably in the ANG/Air Force with 20+ years....I want more than anything in the world, to follow in their footsteps and proudly serve the country that I love so much. All I'm asking for is for some input or feedback from the people whom I respect and admire...is that too much to ask?
                  Last edited by ArmyNG85; June 14th, 2010, 04:23 PM.

Comment

Would it be safe to say that I could go to the recruiter as if I had never been in the service? The fact that the National Archives doesn't have anything on me after 3 years and there is no mention of RE-4 or anything related on my separation paperwork, gives me some hope. However, I don't know if the background check will bring up my separation from the ANG or not. I want to be as up front and honest to the recruiter as I can be. What do you guys think? Feel free to respond or send me a private message. Any help is greatly appreciated.
                    Tough crowd? RE4 from the Army is a "when h-e-l-l freezes over" which is never! Live your life dawg and move on. If you have a degree then apply for a civil service job; Work for the army as a civilian. Join your state militia/guard (similar to volunteer fire dept.) no pay but your affiliated with the guard.

Don't waste the time of a recruiter playing a word game or "what if". Trust me if your aunt had balls she would be your uncle. Just let it go Joe....you had your time and a second chance would be nice. However, so would be winning the lottery which you may have a better chance of doing than re-upping in the guard. Sorry man just keeping it real.

Comment

I don't have an RE-4. Thanks for your response though.

Comment

I don't have an RE-4. Thanks for your response though.
                        Just repeating....your post ......

Comment

Originally posted by andrew.tischner
                          Just take your NGB 22 to a Recruiting station, go to the Army office, ask for the station commander or the reserve recruiter. Show it to them they will give you a yes or no answer.

If you get a no answer, walk out the door, down the hall to the marines. Show them and see.

Like I said before The entire army as a whole is not really doing drug or High level morale waivers.

The airforce is just as strict if not more so.

The marines are still strict but they might take you as I cannot comment on their enlistment criteria.

Also if you find a willing recruiter you can try for an "exception to policy" this is higher than a waiver, and really over rides a waiver.

These are EXTREMELY rare. Do not get your hopes up. But its a option.
                          This has been the most helpful post so far. I just wanted some additional feedback. I'm already working with a recruiter so I'll let you know when I'm back in.
                          Last edited by ArmyNG85; May 3rd, 2010, 11:42 PM.

Comment

This has been the most helpful post so far. I'll let you know when I'm back in.
                            I don't give a rats ***** one way or another. If that is the most helpful post then why havent you done it yet? However you posted what you posted; So don't be surprised that MOST on here wont coddle you.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                              I don't give a rats ***** one way or another. If that is the most helpful post then why havent you done it yet? However you posted what you posted; So don't be surprised that MOST on here wont coddle you.
                              lol good military bearing...I see the military didn't teach you too much. I haven't done it yet because it's May and I'm still in college until the term ends. I posted what I posted...what is that supposed to mean? I think I'm done posting questions on here if this is the kind of response I'm going to get.Thanks for your two cents though. Have a good evening and thank you for your service.
                              Last edited by ArmyNG85; May 4th, 2010, 12:01 AM.

Comment

lol good military bearing...I see the military didn't teach you too much. I haven't done it yet because it's May and I'm still in college until the term ends. I'm done posting on here. Thanks for your two cents though.
                                LOL...once again like I really value what you think, care, or say. I bet the family is proud of all your accomplishments I know I am

Comment

Working...
                                X