X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I Get In?

Edit: I've deleted the original post because I didn't want to give away too much personal information on a public forum.
    Last edited by ArmyNG85; May 3rd, 2010, 07:36 AM.

Re: Can I Get In?

Ok...just to be honest with you, right now you dont really have much chance of joining. A waiver would be required and right now, they just arent happening.

Comment

Thank you for the help. I started the National Archives process since I know for a fact I was never given a DD214. I was sent via certified mail 6 copies of NGB Form 22 EF and at the top of the paperwork it says "Report of Separation and Record of Service". This is the only paperwork to date that I was ever given in regards to my discharge. I understand the waiver situation but after talking with a military lawyer, I was told that I might have a chance. I'm just looking for some reassuring that it's actually possible because I want this more than anything. Thanks again for any help.
      Last edited by ArmyNG85; April 14th, 2010, 12:05 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
        A) There is no such thing as a Honorable Entry Level Seperation. Entry Level Seperations are uncharaterized. Meaning that you did not have enough time in service to receive a charaterization of service such as honorable.

B) You did receive a DD214, you need to locate this and take it to a recruiter. I suggest retrieving a copy from the National Archives.

Actualy Sir with his story he might not have recieved a DD214 as he was barely on active duty.

You take a Drug test at meps and the test results are avaible within 3 days.

They do not process DD214s for people with less that a week in service usualy. So the NGB 22 makes sense on the story.

Comment

NGB form 22 is the equivalent to a DD214 for the National Guard.

That form proves you were in the service and what your discharge was, you will not need a DD 214 to try and process into the national Guard.

But on the other hand you were discharged for Drug usage, And like RSP NCO said, there are no waivers being done for any, and I mean any, drug or morale prior service issues

Comment

So I guess my only chances are to find a recruiter who will really work with me or join the Marines?

Comment

Well its not even finding a recruiter, the National Guard is not doing any drug waivers at all from the NGB level, which yours would require.

Comment

Realistically and honestly, about how long do you think it will be before they allow a waiver for my situation? Within the next 2 years? Sigh...I guess I can always continue working on my college degree.

Comment

I honestly cannot say.

I do not make the policy only enforce it.

You can always try other services and they might be able to do something for you. Maybe the Army reserves? I really do not know.

Comment

I appreciate your help andrew. I am going to do EVERYTHING I can to succeed. I will go to various recruiters and different branches one by one and plead my case. I can't think of anything else in life right now that I want more than to be in the military. For me it's not a matter of getting in...it's just a matter of when, how, and which branch. As much as I know the military is gaining better recruits from the waiver restriction, they're also missing out on a lot of good candidates that deserve a second chance...isn't that why the waiver process was created in the first place? I'm sure that most of you probably serve or have served with someone along the line that got in with a waiver. I guess when the recruiting numbers start to go down for the branches, they might change their policy? I can only hope.
                    Last edited by ArmyNG85; April 14th, 2010, 01:53 PM.

Comment

Thank you for the clarification SSG.

I think he should request his service record from the National Archives.

Comment

I requested it today Chaplain. I will post when I receive it.

Comment

It should come on a CD.

Comment

Thanks for the information. I won't give up on this. I'm a determined white boy.
                            Last edited by ArmyNG85; April 14th, 2010, 05:21 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ArmyNG85
                              So I guess my only chances are to find a recruiter who will really work with me or join the Marines?
                              Good luck with that one.....

My nephew just enlisted in the Marines and is on a wait until fiscal in Oct to go to boot. Too many Marines.....no money.

Comment

Working...
                              X