Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thinking of joining the Connecticut national guard.

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thinking of joining the Connecticut national guard.

Ok here I go..
    I'm a prior service soldier really thinking about going back to the CT national guard if I can, don't know why but I miss the military like crazy, I hate this feeling of " I wonder what would have been if I had stayed in" and my job even though it pays great don't give me the sense of pride I used to have. I served in active duty from June 2002 to June 2005 and served in the CT national guard from June 2005 to June 2006 under the try one program. My age is 28,mos in active duty was 13 D and in the CT national guard I was a 42 A not mos Q it was like a learn on the job kind of thing, rank E-4 I got an Honorable discharge from active duty with a separation code MBK and a RE code 3 (I was flagged for weight and pt towards the end of my enlistment lost most of my weight now but still got some work to do but I know I can do it! but besides that I was a pretty good soldier no articles 15 or any other punishment) and from the CT national guard I only got a paper that says I was honorably discharged.
    1) What are my chances of getting back in?
    2) I know I need a waiver but what if I show them I'm skinny enough do I still need the waiver?
    3)My credit is not great anymore but is not horrible either will that have an impact?
    4) Do I lose my rank?
    5) Do I need to re-take the asvab?
    Well that's it for now, any information will help. Thanks!

Re: Thinking of joining the Connecticut national guard.

Originally posted by xsoldier
    Ok here I go..
    I'm a prior service soldier really thinking about going back to the CT national guard if I can, don't know why but I miss the military like crazy, I hate this feeling of " I wonder what would have been if I had stayed in" and my job even though it pays great don't give me the sense of pride I used to have. I served in active duty from June 2002 to June 2005 and served in the CT national guard from June 2005 to June 2006 under the try one program. My age is 28,mos in active duty was 13 D and in the CT national guard I was a 42 A not mos Q it was like a learn on the job kind of thing, rank E-4 I got an Honorable discharge from active duty with a separation code MBK and a RE code 3 (I was flagged for weight and pt towards the end of my enlistment lost most of my weight now but still got some work to do but I know I can do it! but besides that I was a pretty good soldier no articles 15 or any other punishment) and from the CT national guard I only got a paper that says I was honorably discharged.
    1) What are my chances of getting back in?
    2) I know I need a waiver but what if I show them I'm skinny enough do I still need the waiver?
    3)My credit is not great anymore but is not horrible either will that have an impact?
    4) Do I lose my rank?
    5) Do I need to re-take the asvab?
    Well that's it for now, any information will help. Thanks!

1) Chances are good
    2) Should be fine
    3) Shouldn't too bad
    4) No
    5) No

Comment

im trying to join the CT national guard too i cant seem to get ahold of my recruiter how do i find a recruiter?

Comment

http://states.ng.mil/sites/CT/career...Rec_Phone.aspx

Try that.

Comment

Originally posted by impsrule39 View Post
          im trying to join the CT national guard too i cant seem to get ahold of my recruiter how do i find a recruiter?
          You can also connect to a recruiter through the Pre-Qualification form online. Here's the link: http://bit.ly/JMCld5

Comment

Working...
          X