X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dont know what to do

I keep being told that I cannot serve. Yet I know of two others that have joined with an RE4 by getting a waiver. I emailed the local recruiter about it and at least this time i got a response:

I sure will and I hope there is something I don't know...I am still 99.99
    percent positive that the National Guard is still not excepting RE4
    discharge waivers. If there is something he can tell me that we can do to
    get your Code changed we will do that. Just know that the National Guard
    changes policy on Recruiting all the time, that being said I haven't seen
    any new Policy changes concerning RE4 discharge waivers. As of now RE4
    discharge waivers are NOT being Accepted. I will give him a call Monday
    afternoon. Thanks and I will keep you posted.
    All I need is one little paper. I just wish they would try. You never know what will happen.
    Last edited by best49erfan; February 24th, 2010, 12:37 PM.

Re: Dont know what to do

"one little Paper"...hehe

For alot of people here it was because of "one little joint"....etc....

Read thru the forum...half the posts on here have to do with waivers......My advice, wait until the recruiting numbers drop again....in like 5+ yrs. In the meantime, tell everyone you know not to ever get one.

Comment

i have read everything. I just wish they would try it even if it would be turned down. I mean other recruiters have despite saying they are not taking any RE4 waivers.....and still got in!

Comment

To be completely honest with you. The reason he is not going to work on it is because it will very likely be a waste of his time and there are other people he can be working on getting in that will not require half the work you will require.

Comment

Some states may take them, some may not. Right now, as far just just checking, the current recruiting guidance at NGB level is NO RE-4 waivers at this time.

This doesnt mean, however, that one state hasnt gotten an exception to this because they are having particular problems, etc.

It's hit and miss. It took me almost a year, about 4 states and 3 trips to meps to get in with a USAF RE-2b, so just keep calling and asking.

At one time I was willing to drive from NJ to South Carolina to get in, and yes, I actually would have done it, so, how bad do you want it?

It may come down to asking yourself if you want it bad enough to wait.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
            Some states may take them, some may not. Right now, as far just just checking, the current recruiting guidance at NGB level is NO RE-4 waivers at this time.

This doesnt mean, however, that one state hasnt gotten an exception to this because they are having particular problems, etc.

It's hit and miss. It took me almost a year, about 4 states and 3 trips to meps to get in with a USAF RE-2b, so just keep calling and asking.

At one time I was willing to drive from NJ to South Carolina to get in, and yes, I actually would have done it, so, how bad do you want it?

It may come down to asking yourself if you want it bad enough to wait.
            Now that is dedication! Just as a wise and comical moderator always states: "You gonna want it like a phat kid craves cake".....In the mean time build up a RESUME ie: Get an education undergraduate or trade school, volunteer at a homeless shelter, VA center, or hospital. Network make some quality contacts (LOR will come in handy). Stay out of trouble with the law, debt, and stay away from drugs.

Stay away from people that are trouble prone, shady backgrounds, and remember "birds of a feather flock together". Get on your knees pray, pray , and pray. If you do all the above and it is still a no go. At least your a productive citizen, and you can always join your "state militia or state guard" (similar to a VFM no pay but affiliated with the NG). Good luck and hang in there!

Comment

I am good. I am a very hard worker. I just wish I would have joined the first go around.

Comment

Working...
              X