X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inactive ready reserve question

I served active duty 03-06 and currently have 14 months left on my IRR 8 year contract. I was just wondering what I can do to find out my odds of being called and what effects those odds. I was honorably discharged and spent a year stopped lossed overseas. If my country needs me again I will gladly go just wanted to know if its a crap shoot or if I can find out where Im at on the list.

Re: Inactive ready reserve question

Originally posted by jrhoeft187
    I served active duty 03-06 and currently have 14 months left on my IRR 8 year contract. I was just wondering what I can do to find out my odds of being called and what effects those odds. I was honorably discharged and spent a year stopped lossed overseas. If my country needs me again I will gladly go just wanted to know if its a crap shoot or if I can find out where Im at on the list.
    You presume that the IRR recall system is a Swiss watch. It's more like the NFL draft. Based on current needs, they look at who is available, and take from that pool. The needs list and the available pool change daily, so there's no way to tell you precisely. Overall, I'm surprised you haven't been called, and would expect that you'd get called during your last year of IRR time. You're actually less likely to get mobilized in a drilling ARNG unit. Contact a recruiter.

Comment

Working...
    X