X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE 3 Waivers in CA Guard

I'm prior service Cali. Guard with a General, Under Honorable Condition, RE 3.
    Trying to reenlist, but all Bay Area recruiter are too lazy to put in the paper work for waivers. Has anyone gotten back in with a RE 3 lately, and who is your recruiter? Just want to serve again. Seems like us prior service soldiers
    are being treated with no respect by recruiters. They just want fresh 17-year old high-school kids.

Re: RE 3 Waivers in CA Guard

The fact that you are prior service isn't the reason the recruiters are blowing you off, it's the fact that you have an RE-3. With the Guard being over strength you are going to have to prove to your recruiter how badly you want to redeem yourself. Get some letters of recommendation, work on your PT, what ever it takes to get his attention that he should spend his time on you.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
      Get some letters of recommendation, work on your PT, what ever it takes to get his attention that he should spend his time on you.
      Thats the key

Comment

The good ones can be hard to find when you have a tough enlistment packet...
        Last edited by California Major; April 19th, 2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

I'm in the same boat as you. I was discharged 14 years ago with a RE-3 OTH and i'm finding it hard to get back in as well. I went thru the VA and sent my board papers in to get a change but probably won't happen. Just going to keep trying until I find someone who wants to work with me.

Comment

Woodland is not far from Sacramento. You should be able to find a few good Recruiters in the area who will give you an honest shake.
            Last edited by California Major; April 19th, 2010, 04:30 PM.

Comment

Im not in cali but I did get back in just two weeks ago with a RE-3. It took alot of work but its worth it in the end.

Comment

Not in Cali,I feel your pain.I have been trying around 6 years to get back in.I finally found a recruiter that'll help.His name is SSgt Hodge in Lawton,Ok.

Comment

I know a good recruiter in YC, has the ring to show it.

He travels, just not sure how far...PM me if the Major cant help ya.

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
                    Woodland is not far from Sacramento. I know a few good Recruiters in the area who will give you an honest shake.

As of today, no Recruiter has contact me

Comment

Originally posted by David88M
                      As of today, no Recruiter has contact me
                      take initative. You contact them. 1800-go-gaurd to get the recruiters information

Comment

Originally posted by David88M
                        I'm prior service Cali. Guard with a General, Under Honorable Condition, RE 3.
                        Trying to reenlist, but all Bay Area recruiter are too lazy to put in the paper work for waivers. Has anyone gotten back in with a RE 3 lately, and who is your recruiter? Just want to serve again. Seems like us prior service soldiers
                        are being treated with no respect by recruiters. They just want fresh 17-year old high-school kids.

yet me know if i got this straight...you got a general discharge, re-3, because you jack something up, and the recruiters are at fault because you blow off your chance. WTF. If this is your attitude, just say no. Yes I would rather give some kid a chance to change his life for the first time, then help someone who has blown that chance before.

Comment

I was discharged 2006 gen under honorable for failure to pay debts. Had some trouble with debts and the Navy booted me. Was almost in the reserves a few weeks back, but they locked down the waiver ordeal.

Tried Guard but was told I am a Guard waiver, and CALI is only taking state waivers. Not sure who falls under which, no one around here will say.

I know I jacked up my career with my finances but they are all fixed now, still no law trouble before or after my discharge or tickets. Passed meps in 08 still not in lol after every recruiter told me do this and this and this and your in.

Maybe someone knows more about the waiver process then my local recruiters but they are all telling me RE3 guys need a guard waiver not a state one, or maybe they are just telling me that because I am different from other RE3's Idk.

Comment

Originally posted by Vet1985
                            I was discharged 2006 gen under honorable for failure to pay debts. Had some trouble with debts and the Navy booted me. Was almost in the reserves a few weeks back, but they locked down the waiver ordeal.

Tried Guard but was told I am a Guard waiver, and CALI is only taking state waivers. Not sure who falls under which, no one around here will say.

I know I jacked up my career with my finances but they are all fixed now, still no law trouble before or after my discharge or tickets. Passed meps in 08 still not in lol after every recruiter told me do this and this and this and your in.

Maybe someone knows more about the waiver process then my local recruiters but they are all telling me RE3 guys need a guard waiver not a state one, or maybe they are just telling me that because I am different from other RE3's Idk.
                            If I may ask how is it that you were discharged from the Navy and not have a RE-4? I'm not saying that you deserve it but from all the people who left the Navy they all seem to be given an RE-4.

Comment

Oh i have an RE4, however MEPS tells me as well as my old reserve recruiter I fall under the RE3 with the Army.

Sooo... lol, what they are saying is, If I were in the Army and was discharged with the same reason I would have Gotten an RE3. I probably did deserve the RE4. I take responsibility for what I did in the Navy. My record for performance and behavior was still great I just messed up financially.

I have taken care of all of the and am still pursuing to be the best as I was before my incident with my finances in the Navy. I am stable with a clean civilian record, just in hopes I can return to the Armed Forces, Highly unlikely but maybe I have proven that even though I was careless with my personal responsibilities I have shown that with a bit of time I was able to correct it, and move on. Its tough, job wise, but I have a family to feed so thats what keeps me going.

I have been at this for almost 4 years so lol, and I cannot thank the Major enough for even considering helping me out.
                              Last edited by Vet1985; February 2nd, 2010, 11:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X