X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prior USArmy and USCG, now WAARNG do I get initial issue

I was 3yrs Active duty Army 17 years ago, with RE-1 discharge. Then after a break and some college I did 10.5 years Active duty with the Coast Guard, with RE-1 discharge. Now more than 90 days after my discharge date from the USCG I have enlisted in the WA state National Guard. Since I was prior service Army I didnot have to attend a bootcamp for the third time, I was able to enlist and just start drilling. I have read AR 700-84 ISSUE AND SALE OF PERSONAL CLOTHING 4-2 but it is not clear if I am entitled to an initial issue clothing allowance. Am I going to have to pay out of pocket for all the issued clothing like Class A uniform and PT gear or should I push for reembursement based on AR 700-84 4-2 h.

Re: Prior USArmy and USCG, now WAARNG do I get initial issue

You should be issued new uniforms from your unit. It will take some time because your in the guard but it will all come and I don't think they will reimburse you for items you have purchased without previous authorization. Good Luck!!

Comment

I just completed my first set of weekend drills and the supply Sgt submitted a CCDF Form 3 (Personal Clothing Request) for ACU Coats/Trousers, boots, etc. I expect to wait several drills to see these, so I will pay out of pocket for at least one uniform set. I am not worried about reembursement for a set of ACUs, that will get covered under clothing allowance over time. I am worried about a full Class A uniform, and all the PT gear, and all the other personal clothing items that get issued at basic training. No mention of providing me with a Class A uniform has been made.

Comment

There is no clothing allowance for M-day Soldiers.

Comment

Most likely there are several people at the unit who have like 10 pairs of ACUs they would love to get rid of.

Comment

Expect a looong wait, I joined in April and still haven't received my complete issue.

Comment

It depends on your unit of course, if a deployment is coming up things happen faster. You will get everything but your Class A's eeeeeeerrrrrrr ASU's so if you need a dress uniform you might as well buy the ASU insetead of tyring to save a few bucks now on a set of class A's. You would have to buy a set of ASU's in a few years anyway. Look to spend around 500.00 for the ASU, fitting and everything that goes on/with them.

Comment

When I first joined the Guard back in '96, I got issued my full TA-50 my first week after swearing in. I hadn't even gone to BCT yet, but was able to begin drilling immediately. My unit at the time was an EIB, so that might have made a difference.

I have heard stories about other units over the years that were less fortunate, some had to wait years before they had their M60's replaced with M249's, etc. But with all of the Guard units being deployed lately, I had assumed this was no longer a problem.

For those still waiting for their complete TA-50, are you in a unit that is currently, has in the recent past, or plans in the near future to deploy? I'm guessing that might also make a difference on how fast their supply chain works.

Comment

Working...
                X