X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trying to switch from the National Guard to Active duty

I've been told many things about how to switch from the National Guard to Regular Army. I've been looking in to the Call To Active Duty (CAD) program and Interservice Transfer (IST). I'm not sure which path to take. Any suggestions?

Re: Trying to switch from the National Guard to Active duty

go to a recruiter, and get a form 368 and submit it and wait that's all you can really do.

Comment

I have the DD 368! Will I need the DA 4187 also?

Comment

You should have a full-timer in your unit that processes administrative actions. Coordinate with them/him/her and they will move it up the chain and track it for you.

Comment

Dont hold your breath as you wait the process out...it could be a while

Comment

I was told by an AD recruiter that switching from NG to AD is getting harder and harder. and seldom seen anymore.
            Something to do with funding?

Is that true?

Alex

Comment

Originally posted by bojangleman View Post
              I was told by an AD recruiter that switching from NG to AD is getting harder and harder. and seldom seen anymore.
              Something to do with funding?

Is that true?

Alex
              Its all about numbers. If depends a lot on MOS availability.

About last year, they were giving the option of releasing AD Lieutenants early from their active duty commitment to go to the NG because they had too many.

I was fortunate to make my transition without a problem.

Comment

nah, manning. Depends on where you are at and what you do.

Comment

After receiving your Conditional Release

I just received my 90 day conditional release and I was told to go to an AD recruiter to have him/her work my contract for AD. Once I got to the recruiter he told me he couldn't do anything to it and to call HRC. HRC told me to contact the recruiter and have him process the contract- as you can tell this is going in circles! What am I suppose to do?

Comment

Re: After receiving your Conditional Release

I was an AD recruiter. They really dont like processing Officer Packets or your Recruiter probally does not know his stuff. I'd try a new recruiter.

Comment

Re: After receiving your Conditional Release

I went to a different recruiter and she stated that they usually don't deal with officers.

Comment

See an Active Duty recruiter, one dont work, go to the other. If nothing happens, Call MEPS and let them know, I'm pretty sure they will direct you in the right direction or handle it there.

Sorry for that last post, for some reason your last comment didnt show up when I was reading SMH.... Good Luck Sir.
                        Last edited by teddy13bu6; February 1st, 2011, 03:15 PM. Reason: Mishap

Comment

Working...
                        X