Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Captain Career Course / Branch Qualified question

Originally posted by RedLeg View Post
    Go find another senior AGR in your state for advice. There's a world of difference between AGR and TPU.

If you were TPU, I'd say look at what's the largest branch's in your state and attempt to transfer into one of those for career progression.
    I may be wrong but it seems that there are a lot of Combat Arms Officers that transfer into Logistical slots, but I have never seen any non combat-arms basic branch officers go to MCCC.
    Last edited by Polo08816; December 9th, 2010, 10:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
      I may be wrong but it seems that there are a lot of Combat Arms Officers that transfer into Logistical slots, but I have never seen any non combat-arms basic branch officers go to MCCC.
      Really depends on the branches in the state. But Infantry doesn't have alot of promotion potential in most places. At least that's the way it is in NJ. So omst of the Infantry LT's here go Logistics when moving up toward CPT. And honestly, some people don't switch branches because they either don't want to or more likely... don't know they can. I spoke to an LT the other day and asked him if he was planning on staying in his branch and he looked at me like I was insane. We had a long discussion and he had no idea he could pick what CCC he wanted. This is why I tell my soldiers, and anyone on here who doesn't know better: EDUCATE YOURSELF! Though its a stupid cliche... Knowledge is power.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
        Really depends on the branches in the state. But Infantry doesn't have alot of promotion potential in most places. At least that's the way it is in NJ. So omst of the Infantry LT's here go Logistics when moving up toward CPT. And honestly, some people don't switch branches because they either don't want to or more likely... don't know they can. I spoke to an LT the other day and asked him if he was planning on staying in his branch and he looked at me like I was insane. We had a long discussion and he had no idea he could pick what CCC he wanted. This is why I tell my soldiers, and anyone on here who doesn't know better: EDUCATE YOURSELF! Though its a stupid cliche... Knowledge is power.
        That makes sense. It's probably a lot worse in other states. I almost went Armor - imagine how screwed I would have been in that regard. Although the Co. CDR for my IN Co. is an Armor basic branch.

What's the deal with Phase 1 of most CCCs? From the literature that I've heard, that common core distance learning is still being rewritten. Will we eventually need to complete it once they are done rewriting it? Is Phase 1 the same for nearly all different branch CCCs as in if I completed Phase 1 for MCCC, I would not have to redo Phase 1 for a Log CCC?
        Last edited by Polo08816; December 10th, 2010, 12:06 PM.

Comment

That makes sense. It's probably a lot worse in other states. I almost went Armor - imagine how screwed I would have been in that regard. Although the Co. CDR for my IN Co. is an Armor basic branch.

What's the deal with Phase 1 of most CCCs? From the literature that I've heard, that common core distance learning is still being rewritten. Will we eventually need to complete it once they are done rewriting it? Is Phase 1 the same for nearly all different branch CCCs as in if I completed Phase 1 for MCCC, I would not have to redo Phase 1 for a Log CCC?
          Well as I stated in the beginning, I'm still not even sure If you can go to multiple CCC's. But whichever you choose, you will go to the phase one of that specific course. And as for the DLC(downloadable course-formaly known as phase one), I'm not sure if they are going to bring that back...

Comment

Just got the final ok that I can go to log ccc. I'm going ordnance (rather than trans or qm) so I'm excited. Put an e on that cbrn . It'll be great, two birds with one stone and have chem, ordnance and log under my belt. Our battalion has all three. Sweet!
            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 9th, 2011, 07:56 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
              Actually, the Manuver CCC you're talking about is a 21 week resident phase. The course you posted there is the reserve component course. 2 Totally different courses. The one you were looking at is a distance learning course first, then resident. The full resident course is the one you will probably be sent to unless you have an extreme circumstance. They are all about 18-25 weeks, some being longer if you need to learn a language or something.
              -The course number for LOG CCC is 8-10-C22. That will get you the 3 necessary phases.
              So helpful! Thanks!

Hopefully our funding is not screwed!

Comment

So helpful! Thanks!

Hopefully our funding is not screwed!
                Lol, that's the problem I'm running into. My course dates haven't been approved yet due to the funding issues. I have to wait until the government passes some sort of bill for the year and not just the 2 week things before they will actually give me orders

Comment

There is a lot of Lieutenants in this thread. I had to come in and make sure everything is okay!
                  Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Teuvil View Post
                    There is a lot of Lieutenants in this thread. I had to come in and make sure everything is okay!
                    It's even scarier it's an actual army conversation and hasn't changed topic... until some NCO had to come in and mess that up.. lol
                    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 9th, 2011, 07:58 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X