X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain Career Course / Branch Qualified question

I am a CM officer (BOLC Complete) and am going to my CM CCC in a couple months. I now work as the Training Officer for the Battalion (AGR) and before I go to Chemical CCC, I have been getting a lot of advice to go to the Logistics CCC instead so I would have both. My question is, am I fully qualified/branched CM with only BOLC? Do I have to attend the CM CCC before I start taking other CCC's? I heard that in order to command a CM Company I have to go to CM CCC and I'm note a fully qualified CM until CM CCC is completed, but not sure if that's true. I'm trying to gain logistics and AG for CCC. If anyone knows the facts behind this I'd greatly appreciate any help. I'd have to make the decision asap to cancel the CM CCC and get into the LOG CCC.

Thanks

Re: Captain Career Course / Branch Qualified question

Its going to be your decision of which you want to choose. You can technically switch branches at CPT if you want, that might be why people are telling you to do LOG. Alot of people are now choosing LOG because of the transition to the civilian world. You're currently qualified CH, but to command you have to have CCC after a certain amount of time. For instance, my commander is currently Infantry, however he is in command of a a LOG company. He is going away to be AOC qualified within a few months. I don't know the exact amount of time before you have to get it done, but I'm sure someone will help me out...

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
      Its going to be your decision of which you want to choose. You can technically switch branches at CPT if you want, that might be why people are telling you to do LOG. Alot of people are now choosing LOG because of the transition to the civilian world. You're currently qualified CH, but to command you have to have CCC after a certain amount of time. For instance, my commander is currently Infantry, however he is in command of a a LOG company. He is going away to be AOC qualified within a few months. I don't know the exact amount of time before you have to get it done, but I'm sure someone will help me out...
      The OP can always pursue both the Chemical CCC as well as the Logistical CCC. It might take a bit of time but it's probably worth it.

EOrsini, what's your experience on getting your CCC as a 1LT. It is my understanding that you can attend CCC as a 1LT although CCC is required for promotion to MAJ. It's probably to everyone's advantage to get as many CCC done as quickly as possible.

Comment

I'm being told that commands are trying to get their senior LT's into CCC rather than waiting until they are mid-senior CPT's. I'm authorized to go now, hence the questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
          The OP can always pursue both the Chemical CCC as well as the Logistical CCC. It might take a bit of time but it's probably worth it.

EOrsini, what's your experience on getting your CCC as a 1LT. It is my understanding that you can attend CCC as a 1LT although CCC is required for promotion to MAJ. It's probably to everyone's advantage to get as many CCC done as quickly as possible.
          Originally posted by OCScandidate View Post
          I'm being told that commands are trying to get their senior LT's into CCC rather than waiting until they are mid-senior CPT's. I'm authorized to go now, hence the questions.
          This is correct. They want to try to get you qualified asap so you don't have to worry about it down the road. It also helps the guard in a way because they save some $ since you aren't getting paid as a captain. I'm going to the LOG one in July, however am not getting my captain until Jan 2012. Now the reason I said you're probably going to have to pick one or the other is because it's alot harder to convince your state that you need multiple AOC's as an officer. Enlisted are encouraged to get as many MOS's as possible to be able to be promoted into different units and such. Officers don't have it that easy. Slots don't open up as much as enlisted, and there are alot more new LTS going to the Branch qualification schools. Not saying its impossible to get both CCC's, but it won't be easy. Usually people switch their branch at captain because then they still have some experience in the original branch. Best bet is to figure out what type of unit you want to command, and lean in that direction, or wait until you get CPT and gain command of a unit, then yuo will know what branch you need

Comment

I agree 100%. I'm in the same boat as you, FEB 2012. I am already told I can go to the LOG CCC if it is not going to "nix" my status as a Chemo (possibly being lined up to command a CM CO M-Day, but maybe move from S3 to S4 AGR). My thoughts, get LOG CCC now, have both Branches under my belt, but I need to know the reg/FM that will tell us that this is good to go or if I do need to do my CM CCC first. I personnaly don't know why I'd have to go to CM CCC, BOLC was almost exactly what the CCC covers, matter of fact, my CO at the time was in the same classes as I was when I was there...Plus it's a waste since I just got trained in the stuff, so a refresher this early in my career would be like taking two semesters of the same class.....

Comment

Yea, we just got a new COL and he was going around introducing himself and asking what our plans were. I'm the only 1LT in the company so he was like- hey, when you planning on going to the CCC? When i said I had no idea he emailed me a week later with dates that he put me in the system lol. But I applied for an S4 job to help a mobilization team so i may have to push those dates back.
              But If i were you, I'd wait to go to any CCC course until you have an idea of your future. God forbid you go to LOG and then can't get into a Chemo CCC, and get screwed out of any chances that may have.

Comment

We don't have a CM battalion/brigade in our state, so going LOG now will probalby just put me in an advantage. Just got word from officer branch that we're fully qualified from BOLC, and the CCC is for promotional purposes to MAJ and I can take another branch CCC. I'm looking into it a bit more before I make the move, but I think that's the way to go for my state....

Comment

Yea, I think the only time it differs is when you are going from QM/TC/OD to Logistics because LOG is a compilation of all 3. I'm def going LOG, I just have to get my orders to go in July and I'm all set.. I think LOG is a good decision for you though

Comment

I just looked, I can do quartermaster and the others DL, but the new combined log is only resident 20wks. Ummmmm, does it matter? Log is log now right? QM or Ordnance would still give me that branch correct?

Comment

Yea, I think the only time it differs is when you are going from QM/TC/OD to Logistics because LOG is a compilation of all 3. I'm def going LOG, I just have to get my orders to go in July and I'm all set.. I think LOG is a good decision for you though
                      Do you know any source on the web where it can summarize the current state/cirriculum of MCCC-RC along with Log CCC-RC?

What exactly does a non-QM/TC/OD going for a LogCCC entail? I understand it's broken down in phases.

Comment

I just looked, I can do quartermaster and the others DL, but the new combined log is only resident 20wks. Ummmmm, does it matter? Log is log now right? QM or Ordnance would still give me that branch correct?
                        No, QM/TC/OD CCC will get you the QM/TC/OD captain branch. Some states don't have Logistics(90A) slots yet and are still utilizing the older branches. To get the Logistics 90A branch, you must go to the 20 week resident course in Ft. Lee VA. Will explain a little about the resident course in the answer directly under this:

Originally posted by Polo08816 View Post
                        Do you know any source on the web where it can summarize the current state/cirriculum of MCCC-RC along with Log CCC-RC?

What exactly does a non-QM/TC/OD going for a LogCCC entail? I understand it's broken down in phases.
                        All CCC are broken down into certain phases. No matter what your branch is, to become a LOG captain, you have to attend the CCC for LOG. I am a QM officer now, and I will be going next year to get my LOG branch. The LOG CCC is a 20 week resident course in Ft. Lee, VA. The first 14 weeks are phase 1. They deal with learning the core compentencies to become a commander in the Logistics field. The next 5 weeks are phase 2. They deal with learning a specific branch within the Logistics field, such as QM, TC, or OD. After that, the final week is outprocessing and graduation. That's a small background, but if you are looking for more info, the easiest place to find it is in atrrs, which will also give you the course dates and such. That can be found here: https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/
                        If that's not enough for you, then there's always the wonderfully helpful... Google.com

Comment

No, QM/TC/OD CCC will get you the QM/TC/OD captain branch. Some states don't have Logistics(90A) slots yet and are still utilizing the older branches. To get the Logistics 90A branch, you must go to the 20 week resident course in Ft. Lee VA. Will explain a little about the resident course in the answer directly under this:

All CCC are broken down into certain phases. No matter what your branch is, to become a LOG captain, you have to attend the CCC for LOG. I am a QM officer now, and I will be going next year to get my LOG branch. The LOG CCC is a 20 week resident course in Ft. Lee, VA. The first 14 weeks are phase 1. They deal with learning the core compentencies to become a commander in the Logistics field. The next 5 weeks are phase 2. They deal with learning a specific branch within the Logistics field, such as QM, TC, or OD. After that, the final week is outprocessing and graduation. That's a small background, but if you are looking for more info, the easiest place to find it is in atrrs, which will also give you the course dates and such. That can be found here: https://www.atrrs.army.mil/atrrscc/
                          If that's not enough for you, then there's always the wonderfully helpful... Google.com
                          What is the actual course title under ATTRS?

I am surprised that is actually a 20 week resident course. The Manuveur Captain's Career Course doesn't seem to have nearly as long of a resident phase as the Log CCC.
                          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

[QUOTE=Polo08816;137352]What is the actual course title under ATTRS?

I am surprised that is actually a 20 week resident course. The Manuveur Captain's Career Course doesn't seem to have nearly as long of a resident phase as the Log CCC. /QUOTE]

Actually, the Manuver CCC you're talking about is a 21 week resident phase. The course you posted there is the reserve component course. 2 Totally different courses. The one you were looking at is a distance learning course first, then resident. The full resident course is the one you will probably be sent to unless you have an extreme circumstance. They are all about 18-25 weeks, some being longer if you need to learn a language or something.
                            -The course number for LOG CCC is 8-10-C22. That will get you the 3 necessary phases.
                            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 9th, 2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

I am a CM officer (BOLC Complete) and am going to my CM CCC in a couple months. I now work as the Training Officer for the Battalion (AGR) and before I go to Chemical CCC, I have been getting a lot of advice to go to the Logistics CCC instead so I would have both. My question is, am I fully qualified/branched CM with only BOLC? Do I have to attend the CM CCC before I start taking other CCC's? I heard that in order to command a CM Company I have to go to CM CCC and I'm note a fully qualified CM until CM CCC is completed, but not sure if that's true. I'm trying to gain logistics and AG for CCC. If anyone knows the facts behind this I'd greatly appreciate any help. I'd have to make the decision asap to cancel the CM CCC and get into the LOG CCC.

Thanks
                              Go find another senior AGR in your state for advice. There's a world of difference between AGR and TPU.

If you were TPU, I'd say look at what's the largest branch's in your state and attempt to transfer into one of those for career progression.

Comment

Working...
                              X