Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Officer SLRP Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Officer SLRP

    My recruiter informed me Tuesday (20101026) that 09S was now eligible for student loan repayment. I have just signed my contract today for 09S, BCT at Ft. Jackson/ 20110228 with the L inclusion that specifies the loan repayment, attached with the promissory notes of my federal loans.

    I've requested further information about the entire document specifying the loans, but does anyone have more information about this?

    Thank you for your time

  • #2
    Re: Officer SLRP

    Yep
    http://www.virtualarmory.com/sms/lib...ligibility.pdf

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Officer SLRP

      This is good news for me - thank you for posting the memo.

      My recruiter informed me of this and I had been looking for confirmation from somewhere. To get my Master Promissory Notes, I had to contact each lender multiple times. The first call either resulted in "it will take 8 weeks" or that they do not mail/e-mail them out. Subsequent calls and letting them know it is for the military speeds things up. I am still waiting on one more loan company to respond.

      For those that have already submitted their promissory notes, I have a question. One of them arrived with all of my information blacked out. Is this acceptable, or do I need to obtain copies with no alterations?

      Thanks in advance!

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Officer SLRP

        Hi everyone, my question is in regards to the credit hours needed to receive the SLRP incentive. I've read the link associated with the thread and it states 90 hours or more. Then it reads greater than 90 hours a little further in the discription. I currently have exactly 90 hours of college credit and my recruiter doesn't know for sure if I qualify. Seeing as it's a new program he hasn't had much experience with it thus far. Does anyone know for sure if I would qualify for the incentives? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

        Thank you,

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Officer SLRP

          Originally posted by Kermit0009 View Post
          This is good news for me - thank you for posting the memo.

          My recruiter informed me of this and I had been looking for confirmation from somewhere. To get my Master Promissory Notes, I had to contact each lender multiple times. The first call either resulted in "it will take 8 weeks" or that they do not mail/e-mail them out. Subsequent calls and letting them know it is for the military speeds things up. I am still waiting on one more loan company to respond.

          For those that have already submitted their promissory notes, I have a question. One of them arrived with all of my information blacked out. Is this acceptable, or do I need to obtain copies with no alterations?

          Thanks in advance!
          My recruiter had me goto nslds.ed.gov and this will show all loan information, I printed all of that out.

          Studentloans dot gov will show all they MPN's you have signed, and you can view them in a pdf (print from there). MPN's expire 10 years from the date you sign it. I'm 30 so my 1st MPN has already expired, I had to sign another this past Jan when I decided to goto Grad School.
          Last edited by acuff; November 6th, 2010, 05:33 PM. Reason: added information

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Officer SLRP

            Thank you acuff. I went to studentloans.gov, but for some reason there are no records for me under the Completed MPNs section. I appreciate the information though because I had no idea this site existed. I sent them a request to see if they could add my information.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Officer SLRP

              I wonder if this would apply to me if I extended my enlistment from 6x0 to 8x0? I woudl do that in a heart beat to get the incentive.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Officer SLRP

                Originally posted by Kermit0009 View Post
                Thank you acuff. I went to studentloans.gov, but for some reason there are no records for me under the Completed MPNs section. I appreciate the information though because I had no idea this site existed. I sent them a request to see if they could add my information.
                I goto MEPS in the morning (tue). I will let ya know if there are some speed bumps we are not aware of.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Officer SLRP

                  I have 93 hours, but really want some help w/ my loans being paid off. I was suppose to be at meps today to take my oath to go in as an E3, but my family care packet has not been signed :/
                  Last edited by Greenx; November 9th, 2010, 03:18 AM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Officer SLRP

                    Im currently in Phase 0 for AOCS in the PAARNG. I have been enlisted since April 2008. Any chance I can take advantage of this SLRP? I am at 100credits.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Officer SLRP

                      Forgive my ignorance, but is this for federal OCS? I know previous commissioning options were the 8 week accelerated or the 18 month weekend OCS and if there were slots available federal OCS.

                      Also will this cover all student loans? I know there was some previous debate about what loans are covered. Such as AES, Sally Mae etc. I was told all those would be covered under SLRP for active OCS. However I read on this forum, that only federal loans are covered for SLRP in the ANG. Can anyone clarify? Thanks.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Officer SLRP

                        I believe that it is for federal loans only. My recruiter specifically said that it had to say Federal on the Master Promissory Note. He also noted that there were the three options for commissioning as you have stated above.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Officer SLRP

                          ^ Thanks Kermit0009. Its very unfortunate to hear that the ANG ONLY does Federal Loans for SLRP. Active OCS covers ALL student loans, as long as it is classified as a student loan and has a promissary note. Not some type of Bank of America personal loan for college. Almost all my loans are from private lenders such as American Education Services, Sally Mae etc. I have 40k in debt and 36k of it is from private lenders.

                          I am also a member on armyocs.com and they all have confirmed that all types of student loans are covered under SLRP for active OCS. Can anyone confirm (possibly a recruiter in the know) if it is truely just federal loans?

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Officer SLRP

                            I've got a seperate post about this in the recruiter forum, but I was just told by a recruiter that 09S is not available to NPS (in Colorado anyway). Is there anyone who is NPS that enlisted 09S & how recently? I'm wondering if the window closed recently, if this is just my state or if I'm getting bad info.
                            -thanks

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Officer SLRP

                              Originally posted by tomatoe View Post
                              ^ Thanks Kermit0009. Its very unfortunate to hear that the ANG ONLY does Federal Loans for SLRP. Active OCS covers ALL student loans, as long as it is classified as a student loan and has a promissary note. Not some type of Bank of America personal loan for college. Almost all my loans are from private lenders such as American Education Services, Sally Mae etc. I have 40k in debt and 36k of it is from private lenders.

                              I am also a member on armyocs.com and they all have confirmed that all types of student loans are covered under SLRP for active OCS. Can anyone confirm (possibly a recruiter in the know) if it is truely just federal loans?

                              It can be from a private lender, but must be a federal loan, i.e. Stafford Loan. All my loans are Stafford loans from various lenders, B of A and Sallie Mae among them.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X