Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Silver Dollar for First Salute

Originally posted by RLO View Post
    Not sure if this is the right section to post under, but figured it would work

I commission fairly soon, and am working on gathering up what I will need. My question is on the silver dollar salute. Is there any regulation on what coin, such as series, etc? My first salute will be to a NCO who has been extremely influential both professionally and personally, so I would like to make it as significant as I can without having to take out loans to purchase it.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
    For what it's worth I bought three silver dollars, a cheap Susan B for the guys who lined up at my comissioning for the symbolic first salute, and a second one (walking liberty) which I kept for that first regular joe who just saluted me because it was his professional responsibility to do so. His name was SGT King and he has since died BTW.

The third one is in a memory box on my desk and matches the second one. Its for the guy who gives me my last salute, someday.

Comment

Re: Silver Dollar for First Salute

[QUOTE=cooneymike;162548] The third one is in a memory box on my desk and matches the second one.
      Its for the guy who gives me my last salute, someday.
      I just wanted to say that this is touching. What a great idea; quite classy.

Comment

Working...
      X