Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOCS question

This is just an off-the-wall question, but I am just wondering:

At Ft. McClellan's AOCS, do you stay in a squad bay type setting, or are you in rooms with room mates? Also, what hours are you "scheduled" to keep?

Thanks to all with info!

Re: AOCS question

Originally posted by FormerUSMC0331
    This is just an off-the-wall question, but I am just wondering:

At Ft. McClellan's AOCS, do you stay in a squad bay type setting, or are you in rooms with room mates? Also, what hours are you "scheduled" to keep?

Thanks to all with info!
    It is a platoon room with wallockers designed to house approx 40 Soldiers, with two-level bunk beds. Two platoons share a floor, with small female platoon bays, laundry rooms, TAC offices, between.

There are no scheduled hours other than what the TACs will dictate. If you are in leadership expect to get 2-4. In Phase I, our PLT got no more than 2-4 per day as a whole, and if you were in leadership, then not even that. Rest of the way, the average I would say was 5.

Comment

0500 to 2300 is the usual training day schedule.
      Figure on getting up at 0400 (if you get to sleep in) and about
      30 minutes to an hour of getting stuff done after lights out.

Like the LT said, if you are in leadership, all bets are off.

If you want to see exactly what the area looks like, the movie
      Bruno was partly filmed in the barracks. It also shows some of
      the training area/quad.

scj

Comment

Would anyone like to give tips/pointers, training expectations, etc? Those would be much appreciated. I start Phase 0 IDT's next month, then 8 wks Phase 1 starts in January at Ft McClellan.

Comment

Here is a post I started right after I returned from AOCS at McCllelan.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15833

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
            Here is a post I started right after I returned from AOCS at McCllelan.

http://www.nationalguard.com/forums/...ad.php?t=15833
            Thank you, Sir. Great info.

Anyone else have anything?

Can you bring some Tylenol or Ibuprophen just in case the ache or need arises?

Comment

I don't recall them taking that stuff away, not like in basic.

Comment

Thank you, Sir. Great info.

Anyone else have anything?

It was contraband in Phase I traditional for me. If you needed that stuff, you just had to ask a medic and describe your pain and they would give you some motrin, just werent allowed to bring it yourself.

Comment

It is a def no-no in Alabama. The actual best way to do it is get you an ibu prescription from your civilian doctor. They'll give you the opportunity to turn in all your meds to their medical people at OCS. You can pick them up any time the precription says at that given meal time.

Otherwise you can get caught in the 'sick call' process, which is not good.

scj

Comment

Send me your email and I can send you a copy of the OC guide. It is a wealth of knowledge.

Comment

Thanks everyone for that valuable input. "Marine2Guard", I have just sent you an email, Sir.

Comment

Working...
                      X