X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AOCS Questions

Hello everyone. I just joined the Louisiana NG and am about to go to basic 20 July. I am a 09S officer candidate and have already been interviewed by the Lt and the Major that runs the Louisiana OCS. My question is when I get back from basic around october, how hard is it for me to go AOCS for the next summer 2011? How hard is it to get a AOCS slot? When I get back in October I will drill with RSP until April when the first OCS drill starts for the next class. That being the case I really want to know if anyone has any advice or tips to get me in that summer AOCS course. I am optimistic because I ran into the SSG that works at OCS and when I told him I enlisted as a O9S and will be back in October he asked me if I wanted to do the winter course which would start two months after I got back. I am a teacher by trade so the summer course would be perfect because I wouldn't miss any school. Thanks all for you help.

Re: AOCS Questions

It will depend on the amount of slots your state is allowed and how many OC's want to attend. In MS if there are more OC's wanting to attend then there are slots they use a mixture of PT score and education (Bachelors VS 90 credits) as ways of determining who gets the slot.

Comment

Re: AOCS Questions

In TX they used PT score (min 280) plus they took prior service NCO's over us new 09S's fresh from BCT. I just got home from the Traditional Phase 1, and I'm actually glad now that I'm going that route instead of AOCS.

Comment

Working...
      X