X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how early

how early do i need to get started on writing my letter and perhaping for the promotion board to LT?

April is when i should be promoted.

Re: how early

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
    how early do i need to get started on writing my letter and perhaping for the promotion board to LT?

April is when i should be promoted.
    Never. There is no promotion board to 1LT. Either you meet the standards and get it, or you don't. I've been out of the game for a few years, but as I recall you as a Chaplain Candidate won't get 1LT until you have completed CHOBC. Discuss this with your State Chaplain for confirmation.

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
      Never. There is no promotion board to 1LT. Either you meet the standards and get it, or you don't. I've been out of the game for a few years, but as I recall you as a Chaplain Candidate won't get 1LT until you have completed CHOBC. Discuss this with your State Chaplain for confirmation.

True Sir, you have to complete CH-BOLC, to make LT.

I thought you had to perpare a letter, even though it was pretty much an automatic promotion. Okay, I'll dig deeper thanks, LTC.

Comment

You should never have to write a letter for a promotion board.

That being said, you may have to write a letter of interest if you're applying for a specific slot. Also, there's a trend among officers to have a resume prepared for your commander.

Comment

Promotion boards do allow the officer to write a letter to the president of the board. This is not common, and one should only do this to explain something extraordinary or misleading in one's record; perhaps a gap in OERs, or a short tenure in key leadership positions. People would presume the worst in those cases, but perhaps you have some innocent explanation for it.

Basically, writing a letter to the board president doesn't help you, it just lessens the blow of something very bad. If you have a good record, then don't write a letter, it won't help, since the board associates those letters with problems.

Comment

Working...
          X