X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OBC and Guard Service

According to the Guard officer at my college, I might need to wait more than a year to go to OBC after I commission, but I can still drill with my unit.

Due to this, I was wondering, if not having been to OBC restrict my service with my unit in regards to deployments and yearly training?

Re: OBC and Guard Service

Originally posted by ade123
    According to the Guard officer at my college, I might need to wait more than a year to go to OBC after I commission, but I can still drill with my unit.

Due to this, I was wondering, if not having been to OBC restrict my service with my unit in regards to deployments and yearly training?
    You won't deploy if you do ot have OBC. I know it has happened before, but generally speaking you have to be qualified in your job, which means OBC. You should still be able to go to annual training.

Comment

The restrictions will be dependant upon your command. I just finished my first AT, I was the OIC of the largest project completed by my BN. Yet I have not attended OBC.

Comment

Originally posted by Marine2Guard
        The restrictions will be dependant upon your command. I just finished my first AT, I was the OIC of the largest project completed by my BN. Yet I have not attended OBC.
        Pardon me sir; Your no "average" 2LT! You were brought up to "take charge of this post". Excellent bullet point on your next OER to boot.

Comment

Working...
        X