X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OSM Problems/ARNGCRI Army National Guard Combat Reform

I have tried to contact the OSM in Washington about coming to the guard via ARNGCRI program. Prior to this when I was cadet, I was headed to WAARNG but change due to the fact of not receiving my LOA in time for ROTC. So I had to decline. Now, I am 100% committed on going to WAARNG due to the fact of the job opportunities I have there. So for the past 6 months, I have tried to call and email the OSM and the assistant. I havent receive a reply or phone call from the OSM. I call the assistant a day prior to this message just to see about receiving a LOA. Which is crucial to the paperwork process and not once but twice hung the phone on me. The Thrid time, he didnt answer and his voice mail was activated. Right now, I am frustrated and I am trying figure out the next COA. I want to go to the WAARNG but I need the LOA with my packet IOT push it up to HRC. I want to call the OSM boss but I do not want to ruff any feathers but it is getting to the point that I have no choice. So any suggestions?

Re: OSM Problems/ARNGCRI Army National Guard Combat Reform

man, that's a handful. Have you tried going up there and talking in person? You might have to do that to prove you're serious?

Comment

I'm currently deployed. I plan on going there in august on R&R but I am just want to know if I should go above the OSM or keep trying?

Comment

If there's a valid vacancy you can fill, the RCCC at your active duty post can load you through AVMS. At that point, your contract takes on a life of its own. It's much better to do what you're doing, if indeed the folks cooperate, but pushing it through the RCCC is also a way.

Years ago, Amy Peyton and Anne-Marie Stormo ran that OSM shop, and they did a good job. Who's the OSM there now? Still MAJ Julie Howard?

Comment

I dont think there is a RCCC reprenstive here at FOB RAMROD. Do I go thru Fort Hood RCCC? Yes Sir, it is currently Major Spencer-Howard. I have tried continously tried to contact her and no reponse as well. When Maj Howard assistant hung up the phone twice and i am deployed. That was a double whammy. AVMS?

Comment

Originally posted by drew2712
            I dont think there is a RCCC reprenstive here at FOB RAMROD. Do I go thru Fort Hood RCCC? Yes Sir, it is currently Major Spencer-Howard. I have tried continously tried to contact her and no reponse as well. When Maj Howard assistant hung up the phone twice and i am deployed. That was a double whammy. AVMS?
            There's got to be an NGB liaison in Baghdad somewhere. Where's the safest place in the whole country? That's where to start looking.

Depending on your timeframe, you may wish to work with the RCCC back home. AVMS is the database they use, you don't need to worry about that.

I'm sorry that you had a bad experience with the OSM shop in WA. I hope it's not typical.

Too bad you're not moving to Virginia, I'd give you the brother-in-law hookup.

Comment

Working...
            X