X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reserve CCC???

Has anyone completed the Reserve/NG version of the Captian's Career Course? Any info would be helpful, espically if you have completed the Engineers CCC.

Re: Reserve CCC???

Originally posted by citdrum2
    Has anyone completed the Reserve/NG version of the Captian's Career Course? Any info would be helpful, espically if you have completed the Engineers CCC.
    I'm actually in this dilemma too right now. I'm trying to decide if I want to just do the Reserve version so I can keep working at my job or just tell my job I'll be back in 5-6 months and go the active CCC route to get it done.
    Hmmm...

Comment

Phase I was Correspondance courses. I understand there are more hours now.

Phase II was two weeks resident. The hours were kind of miserable. Packing 10 pounds of instruction into a 5 pound sack. But that's life as a reserve officer. The schedule consisted of getting off the plane, driving to Ft. Wood, sit in a classroom for two weeks and try to find time for meals or laundry and forget about PT or drinking, then run to catch your plane. Make sure they authorize a rental car, and get a head start on booking a decent hotel. Post lodging is ALWAYS full.

Phase III was CAS3, but I hear that now it's a warfighter exercise.

Depending on your career up to now, it may be better to take the RC version. Having spent my formative years in maneuver, most of the course material was old hat. Officers who spent their whole career in construction units were drinking from the firehose and seeing much of the course material for the first time.

Comment

Originally posted by California Major
        Phase I was Correspondance courses. I understand there are more hours now.

Phase II was two weeks resident. The hours were kind of miserable. Packing 10 pounds of instruction into a 5 pound sack. But that's life as a reserve officer. The schedule consisted of getting off the plane, driving to Ft. Wood, sit in a classroom for two weeks and try to find time for meals or laundry and forget about PT or drinking, then run to catch your plane. Make sure they authorize a rental car, and get a head start on booking a decent hotel. Post lodging is ALWAYS full.

Phase III was CAS3, but I hear that now it's a warfighter exercise.

Depending on your career up to now, it may be better to take the RC version. Having spent my formative years in maneuver, most of the course material was old hat. Officers who spent their whole career in construction units were drinking from the firehose and seeing much of the course material for the first time.
        Well I just dont think I could even support the active version. Being away from my civilian job for that length of time would really impact my career progression I believe. I have done some reading on the course and it seems like all of the engineering work is stuff I am and have been doing in my career already. The only thing is to learn the "army" way of doing it, and then I am sure I'll just have to buckle down and drink from the firehouse with the tatical aspects.

Comment

All that time as a "Seabee" I figured you would have latched on to the experience LDO, CWO, CPO, or the LPO for tactical guidance. Especially during your field exercises before being depolyed under the watchful eye of the "Gunny".

I used to get a kick out of the sailors thinking they are "green"...only because they wore utilities. The only green in the Navy are FMF Corpsman, FMF Chaplains/RP, and SEALS....

Majority of seabees I knew during my time on AD 80's-90's wasn't even "shellbacks" and hence, they rarely went to sea (time spent on the boat).

Their 6 month deployment OCONUS counted as their sea service time for ship to shore rotation.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
            Majority of seabees I knew during my time on AD 80's-90's wasn't even "shellbacks" and hence, they rarely went to sea (time spent on the boat).
            Not many Seabees have a reason to go south of the equator and hence would be polywogs.

Comment

Working...
            X