X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• TS Clearance Question

Had a Ch 7 bankruptcy 2 years ago. We re-affirmed house and car (no repo or foreclosure). Would like to apply for OCS. Will this BK keep me from getting a TS clearance?

Re: TS Clearance Question

Originally posted by FormerUSMC0331
    Does ANYONE have any valid information?
    No one can give you an absolutely definitive answer, because the clearance investigation looks at the "whole person," and not just single factors. This tends to be in your favor, if you're an otherwise responsible person who had a bad year.

With the little you have told us, I would give you decent chances of getting a SECRET. The threshhold for TS is far higher, however. While all officers require a SECRET, very few (particularly few at the 2LT level) require a TS.

Comment

Oh! So, it's not a TS that is necessary, but a secret?! OK.

Yes, I definitely understand that they look at the WHOLE person package, and I am definitely willing to go the extra mile to see if they'll take me.

I appreciate the information about needing an S and not a TS.

Comment

Originally posted by FormerUSMC0331
        ... Yes, I definitely understand that they look at the WHOLE person package, and I am definitely willing to go the extra mile to see if they'll take me. ...
        To wit, you need to demonstrate that your financial problems were a one-time event, and not an indication of your coherence, intelligence, trustworthiness, or reliability. I trust that since that time, you've paid your bills on time. If you can reduce your debt load, please do so. You want to present as someone who can handle money, and not someone desperate for cash that he'll sell information to The Other Side.

Comment

Working...
        X