Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 09S - changing alternate MOS

Hey,

I dont plan on dropping or being dropped from OCS at all, but last night I was contemplating the things we cant control. The fact that I've nearly killed myself (accidentally) twice in a few months brought to mind injuries, and all the other things that can happen.

When I enlisted 09S, I had to pick three alternate MOS choices incase I withdrew from OCS or was relieved. I wasnt prepared so off the top of my head I just picked:

1) 35F
    2) 68W
    3) 25B

Now that I'm rethinking these, what I'd like to have them changed too are:

1) 11B
    2) 19D
    3) 21B

When I picked my first choices they werent concerned with vacancies or anything, she just said "gimme 3" and that was it. I rattled off the first few that came to mind.

I'm wondering now if I should even worry about changing them, or if something were too happen could just ask for 11B instead of my choices?

Re: 09S - changing alternate MOS

Most likely, if your dropped from OCS they wouldnt even look at your MOS choice list. They would probably just ask your current unit of assignement what vacancy they want you to fill, or ask them for a couple choices of vacancies they may have and let you choose between a couple they may need.

Comment

Ahhh I see! If it's within my control I wont be dropping or getting put out, since it's pretty basic stuff. I mean dont get me wrong, OCS is tough, but I'm not going to give up, and beyond that it requires academic studying, Land Nav and just some endurance. Too easy.

I currently dont have a unit of assignment. I swore in Feb 18th. Drilled on the 20th, was given 1 set of ACU's from RSP and was told to report into OCS. Which I did, and was sent home to come back next drill.

Being prior service USAF, they told me I would go to WTC, but I pointed out the line in the ECM that says prior service 09S dont have to attend WTC. (I regret that now, WTC would have helped a ton).

So far I've learned all my differences between the USAF and Army by a good smoking from TACs. Call an NCO sir? SMOKED! The list goes on.
      Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 22nd, 2011, 04:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999

I currently dont have a unit of assignment. I swore in Feb 18th. Drilled on the 20th, was given 1 set of ACU's from RSP and was told to report into OCS. Which I did, and was sent home to come back next drill.
        You still have to have a unit of assignment. You are on someones books, you just dont know who I guess. Look through your paperwork and you should see who it is.

Comment

It says I'm on the 254th (CA) books, which is OCS as well as a few other units.

Comment

very interesting...then perhaps they would let you choose what MOS to go into if you did not complete OCS.

Comment

Well that's good to know hehe. i triple checked my paperwork. I'm on the books of the 2ND BN, 254TH REG (GS). And then it gives my vacancy control number, paragraph, line number, etc and MOS as officer candidate.

Comment

Working...
              X