X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: First official phase zero drill

I'm still in the hospital, apaently my pottasium levels were so high they had to dilute my blood/urine to get them to even register and they basically said I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't come in.

Its still just a matter of tons of IVs and I'll be okay. My mom called "what are you gonna do?" My reply? "Get rest and be in better shape for next drill".

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
      Thats when you sound off and say NCO's Hooah!
      AAHH but who would take care of the NCO's?

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
        I'm still in the hospital, apaently my pottasium levels were so high they had to dilute my blood/urine to get them to even register and they basically said I would be in a world of hurt if I didn't come in.

Its still just a matter of tons of IVs and I'll be okay. My mom called "what are you gonna do?" My reply? "Get rest and be in better shape for next drill".
        Make sure to contact your RTI and let them know about what happened to you.

Comment

I'm still at the hospital but progressing nicely. Normal cpk levels are 300 or less. When I checked into the ER mine were 83,000. Today they were 20000, which from what I'm told is about that of a severe burn victim.

The doctor triple checked me and I have no kidney damage, I just can't go home until my cpk levels drop because if I go off the IV I could have problens,

RTI knows, not much has come of it since I'll be able to work out in a week again, per the doc.

I'd also like to caveat that this is not the fault of the OCS program. I completely pushed myself harder than I have ever done before last weekend and even beat out some experienced army folks at some the pt. Its my own pushing that caused this, and I can pin point the exercise where I over did it, just to prove I could.

Comment

Get the much needed rest and allow your body to recuperate. Hope all is well and you feel better soon. Good luck friend.

Comment

I'm not giving up either, FYI. This is just rest before next drill. Now maybe next time I won't get so hung up on non-test pt reps and try to be the top with the heaviest weights, and maybe I'll pay more attention to form, but I fully intend to take names.
              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 25th, 2011, 01:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by show_stopper999
                I'm not giving up either, FYI. This is just rest before next drill. Now maybe next time I won't get so hung up on non-test pt reps and try to be the top with the heaviest weights, and maybe I'll pay more attention to form, but I fully intend to take names.
                Keep your chin up! Nobody is hating on you...yet ! Just keep working at it and do your best; That is all you can do.
                Last edited by SFC_Wilson; April 25th, 2011, 01:23 AM.

Comment

Working...
                X