X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Logistics/Quartermaster

So I plan on entering the State OCS program here in Texas after I complete my Sophomore year of college. I'm interested in the Logistics field mainly something along the lines of Quartermaster.

I just wanted to know what a Quartermaster Officer usually does during a regular day and also what the different specializations are for the position.

Thank you for your help.

Re: Logistics/Quartermaster

They are masters at playing quarters........

Really though...start here:

http://www.quartermaster.army.mil/oq...y/op_main.html

Comment

haha

I really hate when people ask these kinds of questions, cause what you do is extremely different from one position to another, and varies a lot over the course of the year depending on what's going on. Short answer is they supervise supply operations.

Why do you want to be a QM officer? I've seen plenty people end up in QM, haven't seen a lot start out wanting to go there, not unless they have a serious background in supply stuff & don't want to change.

Comment

haha sorry if it came across as a dumb question.

While I don't have too much experience in the field I recently became a buyer for a company here in my area. I just thought being a QM might give me some more experience to help me move up in the company. Its not the only branch I'm looking at but I wanted to look into it some more.

The link provided had some useful info, I'm interested in the aerial delivery aspect.

Comment

have you considered ROTC? If you went ROTC/SMP maybe you could do your drills helping a QM officer, and really find out what he/she does on a real weekend, and get paid E-5 to do it?

Also, I'm sure you are aware of all of the money/benefits advantages of ROTC over OCS.

Comment

Ill be meeting with my recruiter after finals are done but SMP is something I have been considering also.

Comment

Working...
            X