X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thanks Recruiter!

No, seriously, anyone who was on here around September or August of last year knows that I was planning on entering AOCS in January. Well, I decided to wait until Summer, but told the recruiter in September to continue with my paperwork so that I had that option come Feb or March to look at since I graduate in May.

Problem is, he never did it, and here it is the end of March! What the paperwork was? Enlistment waiver to waive off the physical that I had taken and allow me to enlist as 09S despite an RE-3 from 2005 discharge for medical. Partially my fault for not staying on him about it, but mostly his fault for not just submitting it.

Now, it looks like no Summer AOCS for me!

And yes, I do know as well that he is going to priority guys that are easy to get in/getting in ASAP.

Re: Thanks Recruiter!

Originally posted by OCSAllTheWay
    No, seriously, anyone who was on here around September or August of last year knows that I was planning on entering AOCS in January. Well, I decided to wait until Summer, but told the recruiter in September to continue with my paperwork so that I had that option come Feb or March to look at since I graduate in May.

Problem is, he never did it, and here it is the end of March! What the paperwork was? Enlistment waiver to waive off the physical that I had taken and allow me to enlist as 09S despite an RE-3 from 2005 discharge for medical. Partially my fault for not staying on him about it, but mostly his fault for not just submitting it.

Now, it looks like no Summer AOCS for me!

And yes, I do know as well that he is going to priority guys that are easy to get in/getting in ASAP.
    Med waivers expire in 30 days, so I'm not sure you could have any other outcome than what you have.

Did you really expect him to work on behalf of an applicant from whom he had heard nothing after several months?

Comment

Originally posted by matthew.ritchie
      Med waivers expire in 30 days, so I'm not sure you could have any other outcome than what you have.

Did you really expect him to work on behalf of an applicant from whom he had heard nothing after several months?
      Read the entire post before responding.

Edit: By the way, the recruiter told me in September that med waivers are good for an entire year.

Comment

Mostly my fault for not staying on him about it, but partially his fault for not just submitting it.

I fixed this. And that's being very generous.

Here's one of your first lessons about the military. ALWAYS STAY ON TOP OF ADMIN/PAPERWORK ISSUES. Silence is a bad thing. If you're a prior service (I don't remember), then shame on you for not knowing this.

It's your career, not his.
        Last edited by SteveLord; March 21st, 2010, 09:08 PM.

Comment

Edit: By the way, the recruiter told me in September that med waivers are good for an entire year.
          Go away if you can't show respect to field grade officers. Maybe your recruiter was onto something.

Comment

You just insulted the man that knows many people in the NGB med waiver department. He could have picked up the phone and found out whatever you needed about it.

Comment

I read the post twice before responding.

Well, I decided to wait until Summer, but told the recruiter in September to continue with my paperwork so that I had that option come Feb or March to look at since I graduate in May.
              From what you've written, it looks like you told him in September that you'd do something in March, and that you were surprised six months later when your recruiter hadn't prepared for you, because you admit that you weren't "staying on him about it."

If you have described your situation inaccurately or incompletely, then I don't understand how it's my fault for misinterpreting.

Our best officers are ones that:
              1. Take responsibility for their actions.
              2. Follow up on important matters.
              3. Do not blame others for their failures.
              4. Work well with others.
              5. Communicate clearly.

I hope to see you in service soon, preferably in one of my units.

Comment

For the love of God, why do people do this?

You don't have to enlist for OCS three months before the class starts. I came in a year before I actually got to start ph0. Why don't you fix your junk via your recruiter, get enlisted & drilling right away, then go to ph0 or whatever prep program your state may have when that opens up, and then go to training if/when the staff thinks you're ready to successfully complete it.

Comment

I would just drop the idea of going to OCS, with an attitude like yours you'll never make it through, WOW.

Comment

Look, I HATE when people come with that sense of entitlement/expectation of others to do things for them. Any other negative - like a perception of disrespect - would shut them down for me in an irreparable way.

That said, this is a guy off the street that doesn't know what he's doing. He's prior service it looks like, which means he should get it & doesn't. He's dealing with the recruiting process, for which he has my sympathy.

I'm frustrated with his behavior, and not highly motivated to help him out, but lets reserve judgment a while longer. With a little kick in the pants maybe this individual will become better raw material from which to forge an officer. I can't be the judge of that yet.

Comment

Working...
                    X