X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AGR/ADOS positions for CPT/MAJ

There are open positions for CPT/MAJ's in Functional Area 49 (Operational Research/Systems Analysis) at the ARNG Headquarters in Arlington, VA. The positions in are in the ARNG G8 as analysts. You don't have to be 49 qualified but need to have some skills in math. If you are interested send me a private message. You do not have to be in the ARNG currently.

Re: AGR/ADOS positions for CPT/MAJ

If you're not familiar with FA49, then look before you leap. Becoming ORSA-qualified is not a casual decision. There will be math.

The Functional Area 49 (ORSA) provides the Army uniquely skilled officers — problem solvers–who produce analyses and other analytic products (e.g., decision aids, models) to underpin critical decisions by leaders and managers at all levels of the Department of Defense (DOD). These officers recommend potential solutions for complex strategic, operational, tactical, and business issues. We are an integral part of the leadership’s decision making processes to organize, man, train, equip, sustain, and resource transformation from the current to the Future Combat Force. The FA49 officer "introduces quantitative and qualitative analysis to the military's decision making processes by developing and applying probability models, statistical inference, simulations, optimizations, and economic models. The ORSA FA encompasses diverse disciplines in personnel management, doctrine and force development, training, system acquisition and resource management, as well as tactical operational and strategic planning from division through combatant command, and from Army Commands (ACOM) through the highest levels of DOD". -- DA PAM 600-3
    ORSA officers must be able to:
    • Formulate solutions to complex problems and design research and study approaches whose conclusions affect positive change.
    • Apply technical analytic skills to military issues.
    • Infer causal relationships from observed events.
    • Conduct and supervise quantitative and qualitative analyses.
    • Communicate complex ideas, analysis, and recommendations to decision-makers at all levels in terms appropriate to the audience.
    • Organize workload, assign tasks, and lead and mentor civilian and military subordinates.
    • Conduct research to acquire sufficient knowledge of new or unfamiliar processes or systems requiring assessment.
    • Develop tools and processes that focus on planning, executing, and assessing military operations for the effects produced to achieve objectives.
    • Assist staff and commands at all levels in the development of metrics and in conducting assessments to ensure they are "effectiveness" and "performance" based.
    FA49 website (requires AKO authentication)

Comment

MAJ Ritchie is correct math skills are involved. The FA49 course includes Probability, Statistics, and Calculus. If you have a BS degree you shouldn't have a problem and there are prep courses that many folks here take from the USDA Grad School paid for by the Guard. If you have any interest contact me and I would be happy to answer any of your questions.

thomas.fields@us.army.mil

Comment

Here is a web site to look for ADOS jobs in general. The FA49 jobs will be posted there shortly. It is supposed to be paperless system.

https://mobcop.army.mil/tod/Default.aspx#

Comment

http://www.fulltimeguard.com/

Pick your state. I know mine does list officer positions as well. Note, some of these take you to the listing page and some just take you to their guard site.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord
            http://www.fulltimeguard.com/

Pick your state. I know mine does list officer positions as well. Note, some of these take you to the listing page and some just take you to their guard site.
            ... and most state's take you to broken links. Whoever built that site needs to update it.

Comment

Working...
            X