X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fairly psyched

I am fairly psyched at the moment; I may be going to CH-BOLC this summer!!! I just need final approval.
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; January 14th, 2010, 01:53 PM.

Re: fairly psyched

Congrats, just out of curiousity where do you go for CH-BOLC?

Comment

Do you get Sundays off from training at CH-BOLC?

Comment

1) Ft. Jackson
        2) I don't know, I think at some point you do.

Comment

Awesome, future chaplains taking Sunday off. I can rest now that I've had my dose of Army irony for the day.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
            Do you get Sundays off from training at CH-BOLC?
            what do you mean? Sundays will be the only day they actually work, then they'll be off Mon-Sat.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
              what do you mean? Sundays will be the only day they actually work, then they'll be off Mon-Sat.
              Hahaha....well put.

But congrats to you too Chaplain.

And if I may...a bit of advice too. When I was a Marine, I had family difficulties going on during a deployment and I didn't want to talk anyone about them. Why "whine and complain" right? Well long story short, my attitude and my work started to be affected until I was ordered to go speak to a Chaplain about my family issues to see if, even talking about it, would help. Mind you I've always been a person who doesn't whine or complain about personal issues to others, so to actually be willing to see this Chaplain took a lot of willpower.
              The Chaplain I spoke to had been in the Navy for quite a while and seen his share of people. He was well respected in my unit. He was even a former high school counselor before becoming a Chaplain. His thought to help me was to pray, but I politely declined (because I'm atheist) and asked if he simply had any advice on what I could do to resolve my family issues. Since I didn't want to pray, his attitude suddenly changed to "let's get him out of my face as soon as possible without being obvious about my intentions" because his advice to me was to just not to let it bother me and the problems will work themselves out. Then he had to go (yeah right) and sent me on my way.

So my advice to you is....even for the non-religious folks...please still be a good friend and offer guidance. You just may make or break someone. And all that Navy Chaplain did for me back then is teach me that nobody cares about my problems unless they're able to benefit from them. Many years later...and a wiser mind, tells me now that's not true...but back then I firmly believed that and became a very withdrawn person until one of my SNCOs cracked me one day and actually offered me valuable advice on how to deal with my family problems.
              Last edited by Mom's Mistake; January 14th, 2010, 04:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                I am fairly psyched at the moment; I may be going to CH-BOLC this summer!!! I just need final approval.
                I came across a blog by someone who just completed CH-BOLC last month. Pretty good read (lots of info- posted nearly every day).

http://ltsullivan.wordpress.com/

Comment

Originally posted by upnorthguy
                  I came across a blog by someone who just completed CH-BOLC last month. Pretty good read (lots of info- posted nearly every day).

http://ltsullivan.wordpress.com/
                  That Chaplain has issues. Even tries to down play it; He get three thumbs down. Popeye don't let us down!

Comment

Working...
                  X