Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Defense Language Proficiency Test

Guys,
    When at BCT/OSUT is it possible to take Defense Language Proficiency Test there or i have to wait until getting back to the unit?

Re: Defense Language Proficiency Test

It depends - I tried the DLAB when I was at MEPS many many moons ago - I did not finish the battery of sections at that time. When I was about two weeks into BCT, I and a handful of others were pulled out of formation and sat down and given the test again (two soldiers were taking the actual DLPT).

If there is an option to try to take it prior to BCT you should look into that (contact your unit or RSP to see if that is possible). Otherwise if it does not present itself as an opportunity buring BCT then you will more than likely have to wait until after.
    Last edited by LRSU_Dog; December 16th, 2010, 03:48 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LRSU_Dog View Post
      If there is an option to try to take it prior to BCT you should look into that (contact your unit or RSP to see if that is possible). Otherwise if it does not present itself as an opportunity during BCT then you will more than likely have to wait until after.
      Thank you. I have done my last RSP before BCT/OSUT last weekend so i think this avenue is closed.
      When at BCT, did you make an official request for it or was it scheduled based on your attempt from MEPS?

Comment

You can always ask your RSP unit anyway - unless there just is not enough time prior to your trainiing departure. As for me and my situation back then, we were pulled and had no idea why until we were in a test center - like I said just a few of us, not sure what the rest of the BCT unit did during that time... We did not make any requests, it just happened.

When you are at reception, you can always ask if getting a DLPT while at that base is possible... who knows it might be, the worst they can do is say no it isn't.

Good Luck!

Comment

Originally posted by LRSU_Dog View Post
          When you are at reception, you can always ask if getting a DLPT while at that base is possible... who knows it might be, the worst they can do is say no it isn't.

Good Luck!
          Awesome advise! Thanks!

Ps. this forum is an amazing source of information's!

Comment

The DLPT5 is 3 hrs for listening and more 3 hrs for reading. I have never taken both in the same day (and don't know anyone who has). The guides for various languages, as well as the FAQs, are here.

The tests are no joke.

Comment

I am schedule to take a DLAB on 01/11/2012.

Comment

Working...
              X