Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Family separation payment when at BCT/OSUT

Guys,
    I'm getting conflicting info about "Family separation payment" when at BCT/OSUT. SGT from my unit told me that when at BCT/OSUT i'm not eligible for it, but when i called state info line they said i will get it. So who is correct here? I'm just trying to get simple evaluation of the family budget and honestly i'm little bit irritated that nobody seems to have a knowledge at my local level to tell me how much money will my wife and kids get when i will be at BCT/OSUT...could you please help me here?

Re: Family separation payment when at BCT/OSUT

If you get BAH, you should be getting FSA as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SteveLord View Post
      If you get BAH, you should be getting FSA as well.
      Yes, i will get BAH and my SGT was aware of that as well. You may laugh but with tight budget few hundred $ makes a big difference (one way or another). I just want to ship knowing that i have done whatever i could to help them out...

Comment

Yes, you should get it. But...why dont you just plan your budget as though you arent getting it. Then it will just be extra money to help with expenses. You dont get it until after you've been on AD 30 days.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
          Yes, you should get it. But...why dont you just plan your budget as though you arent getting it. Then it will just be extra money to help with expenses. You dont get it until after you've been on AD 30 days.
          I know. I have learned quickly to embrace the worst and hope / pray for the best...;-).

Comment

Working...
          X