Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unit on deployment.

Guys,
    Quick question, is it possible for NG unit to stay deployed and only keep rotating personnel on the ground? I think that my unit is in Afghanistan already from 2007 (i have done google search for press releases). I'm scheduled to finish my OSUT at the end of April and i was wondering what are my chances for going overseas?
    Last group of soldiers from my company went to Afghanistan in August / September time frame...

Re: Unit on deployment.

Originally posted by robert178 View Post
    Guys,
    Quick question, is it possible for NG unit to stay deployed and only keep rotating personnel on the ground? I think that my unit is in Afghanistan already from 2007 (i have done google search for press releases). I'm scheduled to finish my OSUT at the end of April and i was wondering what are my chances for going overseas?
    Last group of soldiers from my company went to Afghanistan in August / September time frame...
    There are units in theater that have become strategic and have rotating personnel. To be honest, I know they are AD units and I havent heard of any NG or Reserve ones. Good question.

Comment

I know of a Company from our state that was deployed to Afghanistan, and essentially ran out of Joes. By that I mean an adnormal number either were on leave or became sick/lame/lazy and moved out of theater or remained on theater to mend. A call went up to the Battalion here in the state to send them some more. It's rare, but it happens.

In your case, with your specific unit coming back in early spring next year and you getting out of OSUT at about the same time, it's not likely for you THIS year. However, if another company within your battalion goes, they may put out a call to fill some slots with that MOS.

Comment

Originally posted by Wobbly Emu View Post

In your case, with your specific unit coming back in early spring next year and you getting out of OSUT at about the same time, it's not likely for you THIS year. However, if another company within your battalion goes, they may put out a call to fill some slots with that MOS.
        Makes sense. Thanks. BTW with North Korea going nuts, who knows, maybe i will get deployed to Korean peninsula...nothing wrong with hunting down some communists farts!

Comment

Working...
        X