X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Requesting Airborne School through DA 4187

So.... I'm going to try and request Airborne school through my unit through the 4187.... but I'm kind of lost because I've never filled one out before.

First off, I guess I should ask whether it's even worth filling this form out for my commander... the only thing that can happen is they say No right?

Anywho, there's obviously very simple parts, but I'm not sure whether there should be things in the Notes section, and whether it should be sent to my BN or CO commander...

Any thanks would be appreciated!

Re: Requesting Airborne School through DA 4187

Does your unit send other people to school or have airborne positions? If not then it sounds like they are just giving you something to do by filling out the form.

Comment

Re: Requesting Airborne School through DA 4187

From my experience, the people that get schools like jump school, air assault, etc. know they are getting it before they fill out a 4187. Excel at all aspects of being a soldier, do well on PT tests, show up to drill, be motivated and a hard worker even after 6 months has gone by and you still don't have those wings on your chest, and when they get an opportunity to send someone, and the have subtly been informed it's something you want....."Hey come here, we need you to fill out this 4187".........

Comment

Working...
      X