X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• General deployment question-AD vs NG

This might be kind of vague and I know that deployments are based on needs of the Army so there may not be a way to know for sure, but on average, does anyone know if AD Army gets deployed any more than National Guard or Reserves and if they do, how often or how much more?

Re: General deployment question-AD vs NG

Yes...a lot more. Many soldiers on active duty end up deployed almost half the time they are enlisted these days.

Comment

Thats interesting. Is the AD Army as overstrength as the NG? I would think with the military overstrength I would think deployments would be more spread out

Comment

The US has troops in something like 80 countries total.

Comment

The active compoment will deploy more often because they are filled, trained and supposed to have the equipment for its wartime mission. And the majority train for it daily. The reserve components fill a temporary need. Sometimes, you think with the amount of turnover in the active compoment and the personnel stability in the reserve components, that it be just the oppositive but remember the reserve components were not designed to do that. These conflicts have led to the largest activation and call-up since World War II; even though National Guard units had a major presence in the Vietnam War and Desert Shield/Desert Storm/Persian Gulf War.

Comment

Just three years ago there were more NG in Iraq then AD, but times are a changing. I think it was a raw percentage, not compared to overall strength but just straight numbers on the ground and it was a minimum difference, I dont remember exact percentages but it was close to 53/47% so it was close, but still more. And thats just one country of course and it seems like AD gets more of the non combat deployments then NG does in those other countries.

Comment

Working...
            X