Announcement Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.
Is it me, or after joining the military civilian life seems extremely annoying?? Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it me, or after joining the military civilian life seems extremely annoying??

I'm sure I'm not the only one who misses saluting their Sergeant and going to parade rest for a while while DS yells at you...I miss it exponentially.

Re: Is it me, or after joining the military civilian life seems extremely annoying??

yeah, it's an adjustment. I liked when you stepped out in the road people would stop for you to walk across. The civilian world seems less courteous.

Comment

Re: Is it me, or after joining the military civilian life seems extremely annoying??

Not surprising to hear really. I'm told that the weekend warrior routine will present some unique challenges as opposed to the work life of civilians or military (generally speaking). At least active duty people have only one career to deal with.

Comment

Civilians are annoying... I barely remember before I DEP'd, I know I was annoying - then the Drill Sergeants and the Fort Benning School for Boys set me and the rest of my BCT unit on the path of righteousness yes.... [sigh] civies are annoying...

Comment

Even as a "weekend soldier" I find the return to civie life SO ANNOYING! i cant find humor in immature jokes anymore [not that i ever did], but they just **** me off now. I was day dreaming in class and my dean [an ex-marine] walked in and i almost called my class to attention [i was REALLY out of it], would've been really weird lmfao

Comment

I wish I could run a church like the military. LOL. Church people are so different too. haha.

Comment

lol yh, love church, hate the people in it. where'd you do your IADT?

Comment

Anyone ever notice that civilians walk really slow, especially when they're in front of you at the mall and completely obstructing the entire width of the walkway?

Comment

Originally posted by 0844 View Post
                  Anyone ever notice that civilians walk really slow, especially when they're in front of you at the mall and completely obstructing the entire width of the walkway?
                  Yes, this is a major reason I HATE MALLS.

Comment

That's because if they walk any faster they'll start gasping for air inbetween slurps of their 500oz big gulp extra butter slurpie, on the way to their minivan illegally parked in a handicapped spot that they left running while they were shopping so the AC or heat would stay on. That's also why the obstruct the entire walkway

Comment

Yes, civilian life $ucks. Being in the NG and dealing with a civilian career is difficult. It takes special people to juggle both sides efficiently. After this past drill, I seen how different it really is. I manage a restaurant and work with alot of teenagers who complain about so many little things. I was at IWQ (Individual weapons qualification, for those who don't know what that means) freezing in the 40 degree rainy, windy weather, eating army food aka c r a p, getting up at 0300 and not going to bed until 2300, and dealing with the minor discomforts of no TV, internet, and bad cellphone signal on top of being sick. Then I go to work yesterday 3 people called in due to having "headaches, sniffles, etc", then hearing them complain about the cold weather. Honestly, these people I work with wouldn't have survived my weekend. I love working there and love being in the NG. Civilians don't realize what we have to do. They take many things for granted and most don't realize how bad it can be. That's what makes us a special breed of people.

Comment

Originally posted by kswat07 View Post
                        Yes, civilian life $ucks. Being in the NG and dealing with a civilian career is difficult. It takes special people to juggle both sides efficiently. After this past drill, I seen how different it really is. I manage a restaurant and work with alot of teenagers who complain about so many little things. I was at IWQ (Individual weapons qualification, for those who don't know what that means) freezing in the 40 degree rainy, windy weather, eating army food aka c r a p, getting up at 0300 and not going to bed until 2300, and dealing with the minor discomforts of no TV, internet, and bad cellphone signal on top of being sick. Then I go to work yesterday 3 people called in due to having "headaches, sniffles, etc", then hearing them complain about the cold weather. Honestly, these people I work with wouldn't have survived my weekend. I love working there and love being in the NG. Civilians don't realize what we have to do. They take many things for granted and most don't realize how bad it can be. That's what makes us a special breed of people.
                        I completely agree with you, and I'm only 17.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                          I wish I could run a church like the military. LOL. Church people are so different too. haha.
                          HA! yeah...sometimes I forget to turn it off when I go to church after drill. My wife is always like, "you dont need to use your SGT voice here".

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                            HA! yeah...sometimes I forget to turn it off when I go to church after drill. My wife is always like, "you dont need to use your SGT voice here".
                            That's what people need some motivation.

Imagine a church where people drop and knock out pushups for being late.

Imagine a church where people comply first and complain later. hahahaha.

In response to the Private. I love people in the church.

They just need to side straddle hop in cadence begin.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO View Post
                              CAN I GET A WITNESS? And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; Amen brother.

Comment

Working...
                              X