X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best time of year

Is there a good time in the year to ask for schools like airborne?

Re: Best time of year

Who knows... I re-typed this post as I mis-read it the first time and answered based on time of year to attend (weather, etc). That might be dependant on the school - and who submits you... I am sure you can check ATRRS and choose the school, look over all of its dates and class size/availability, trend it out best you can, and make an educated guess - then beg and plead for the dates you want...
    Last edited by LRSU_Dog; November 1st, 2010, 07:43 AM.

Comment

He said "good time in the year to ask for schools." I would assume he is talking about a higher chance of approval or increased availability first.

Comment

I'm trying to do a school like airborne.

Or get my combatives level one certification.

I thought that there was a time of year that they need to use the resources, but I forgot.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
          I'm trying to do a school like airborne.

Or get my combatives level one certification.

I thought that there was a time of year that they need to use the resources, but I forgot.
          I mean, there is never a set time to ask... But the "best possible" time to ask would be Oct-Nov. This is when states have just gotten their new fiscal year money and can send people to schools. That's when I put all my guys in for reclassing or "Hooah" schools. 99% of them get what they want.
          Side note- do cool guy schools or schools like anti-terrorism officer. Don't worry so much about combatives unless you are desperate to go... When you get 1LT and go to your captain's career course you will get level 1 certified for combatives.

Comment

Shant be long before I reaccess as a chappy. I need to start working on my packet here in the next month or two. I don't know if they send chappy's to combatives. I don't think they let us do more than the first level.

Comment

I do't know about that either... But I do know the CCC certifies you for Combatives 1... And not just infantry lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                Is there a good time in the year to ask for schools like airborne?
                Yes, February 30th is the best day to ask for schools.

Comment

lol, actually, that IS the perfect day to ask. RSP NCO, you're the best

Comment

Originally posted by EOrsini View Post
                    lol, actually, that IS the perfect day to ask. RSP NCO, you're the best
                    Yeah, its actually a federal regulation that your commander is required to authorize anything you request when requested on that date.

Comment

I thought so...................almost as good as getting approval on April 1st.

Comment

Working...
                      X