X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Expert Infantryman's Badge?

I am going to be in an Infantry unit when I return from OSUT. Will I be able to earn a EIB while in the ARNG? If so, how is testing conducted? I was under the impression it took several days of testing. Thanks.

Re: Expert Infantryman's Badge?

Originally posted by Andrew_Rink View Post
    I am going to be in an Infantry unit when I return from OSUT. Will I be able to earn a EIB while in the ARNG? If so, how is testing conducted? I was under the impression it took several days of testing. Thanks.
    I've seen this done before, let me try:

http://tinyurl.com/3ykw3ug

Comment

Originally posted by YesWeCan2008 View Post
      I've seen this done before, let me try:

http://tinyurl.com/3ykw3ug
      OH! Hidden in a tinyurl! Surprise sarcasm! Nice!

Comment

Keep in mind, you'll want to be able to pass before they spend the time/money on sending you to an official course. This applies to practically all military schools.

Comment

This is a question best answered by your chain of command. Typically, an Infantry battalion (or RTI training battalion) will conduct a course once per year, or every other year. Your chain of command won't let you participate unless you have demonstrated the likelihood of passing.

Comment

The EIB is a series of tests that requires one to two weeks of train-up. It's not a school, but rather conducted at the unit. An infantry/combined arms battalion is the smallest echelon that can conduct this. The difficulty with doing this in the National Guard is that there aren't enough guys in the unit that already have the EIB to lead it. It has historically been a 3 week process. Within the past year it has been modified so that it can be conducted in a shorter amount of time. This does not mean that it has gotten easier. The fact is that it has become more intense with several tests being rolled into an STX format with a time standard.

There is also the problem of whether units want to spend an Annual Training doing this test when so few can pass it. Although even those who fail will gain a better understanding of their job, others may just see it as an attempt to get a shiny badge.

But Guard units can do it, if the battalion/brigade commander has the will.

Comment

Working...
            X