X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help with joining the Guard...

I'm currently an Active Duty Soldier that is about to get out on an MEB. I was found unfit for duty as of the 6th of Sep 2010. My PEBLO told me as of today (29 SEP 2010) that the Army is giving me 10% with a lump sum severance pay and that the VA is paying me 20% per month (10% is paid back to the Army) I think it's a total joke... I met Army standards... I'm a 92Y, Rank: SPC...I've been in for 5 plus years... All I have is retropatellar syndrome in my left knee. The funny thing is it didn't stop me from deploying to Iraq. I past every single PT test. I was put in the MEB as of Feb 2010. I told and past my PT test with the walk on March 2010 and again the first week of this month (sept 2010). I tried to appeal but wonderful crapy CO (what I think) put his little two cents in his letter to the board. I think that's what might of did it. I've never had any AR 15 either. Before being placed in the MEB I planned to make the Active Army a career. I never would of thought of seeing if I can join the Guard as I think the standars are sub standard to that of the Active Army (from what I've seen while in Iraq). But the Active Army is telling me that I can't go back in at this point. NOw, I spoke to the area that handles my DD 214 and was told that I'll be an RE CODE 3 with the Narrative stating: disability. If anyone can help me to get in ASAP. E-mail me at: ramon.carder@yahoo.com

Re: Help with joining the Guard...

Please do not post in multiple threads

Thanks

Comment

sorry.. I didn't know what one was correct to post.

Comment

Wow, so you want to join us... even with our sub-standards and all? Good luck getting help on this board.

Comment

Originally posted by rc71 View Post
          [B]

I never would of thought of seeing if I can join the Guard as I think the standars are sub standard to that of the Active Army (from what I've seen while in Iraq).
          Medical standards are the same.

Comment

I'm currently an Active Duty Soldier that is about to get out on an MEB. I was found unfit for duty as of the 6th of Sep 2010. My PEBLO told me as of today (29 SEP 2010) that the Army is giving me 10% with a lump sum severance pay and that the VA is paying me 20% per month (10% is paid back to the Army) I think it's a total joke... I met Army standards... I'm a 92Y, Rank: SPC...I've been in for 5 plus years... All I have is retropatellar syndrome in my left knee. The funny thing is it didn't stop me from deploying to Iraq. I past every single PT test. I was put in the MEB as of Feb 2010. I told and past my PT test with the walk on March 2010 and again the first week of this month (sept 2010). I tried to appeal but wonderful crapy CO (what I think) put his little two cents in his letter to the board. I think that's what might of did it. I've never had any AR 15 either. Before being placed in the MEB I planned to make the Active Army a career. I never would of thought of seeing if I can join the Guard as I think the standars are sub standard to that of the Active Army (from what I've seen while in Iraq). But the Active Army is telling me that I can't go back in at this point. NOw, I spoke to the area that handles my DD 214 and was told that I'll be an RE CODE 3 with the Narrative stating: disability. If anyone can help me to get in ASAP. E-mail me at: ramon.carder@yahoo.com
            Since I've seen both sides(Guard and Active), I'll say that yes, depending on the State or unit, some units do not prepare as well as others, but that's the same as Active. Anyway, that's not the point. I will say that if you're asking for help in a National Guard Forum, it would behoove you to mind your manners while asking for help from the same people that you just bashed in the same post.

ANYWAY. With an RE-3 code, you are disqulified from military service, however depending on what their final word is, you can still get back in, you're just going to need a waiver. But you better be sure the Guard is the way you want to go. The attitude you just showed towards the Guard will not help you in your unit. Good luck soldier, if you're meant to be in, it will happen.
            Last edited by EOrsini; September 30th, 2010, 01:24 PM.

Comment

Sorry. I didnt mean to put down that the Guard is sub standard to that of The Active side. I have seen some stand out soldiers in the Guard. But, it seemed like it was much more relaxed then in the Active side. Perhaps that would be a good change for me. I've also seen some ate up soldiers in the active Army as well. I guess I'm just a little bitter that the Active Army is killing my career after 5 years. I met Army Standards. It's just silly and I can't seem to get the MEB to reverse course on my status. It *****!

Comment

If everything your saying is true then it sounds like big army was looking for an excuse to get rid of you...And as to letting you in our beloved Guard, I'll say Thanks, but no thanks. We've got enough broke people hanging around, we dont need anymore.

Comment

I understand... But I went to Iraq in the same condition. I did just fine. It was my new 1SG and CO that pressured the PA to do up an MEB on me.

Comment

I understand... But I went to Iraq in the same condition. I did just fine. It was my new 1SG and CO that pressured the PA to do up an MEB on me.
                    Thats why it sounds to me like they were just trying to find an excuse to push you out. Did you do anything to upset them?

Comment

One of the things is that I would do ruck marches all the time up and down the hills. I struggled and yes, I may of been the last up the hill. But I completed it though. They were trying to tell me is becuz I had temp profiles for the past 2 1/2 years on my knee and that being in an infantry unit was to harsh for me. I'm a 92Y not 11B or 19K.

Comment

Stop hijacking the poor soldiers thread.

Back on topic though.

Like RSP said sounds like there was a reason that they did not want you other than the condition.

But that really does not matter.

You would have to wait for some time before you came into the guard
                        And the thing is if you have a condition and get booted form the army you have to prove to MEPS that you no longer have the condition, and it sounds like that would be hard to do.

And if you are on temp profile how did you take PT tests?
                        2 1/2 years is a long time for a temp profile, if you just went and recieved a permament profile sounds like you wouldnt have any issues.

Comment

Working...
                        X