X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meps and mos questions

* my recruiter has said he will lock in a temporary mos for me...until i go back to meps....

will i be able to change the mos at meps if i want to ?????

DO more slots for mos's open up at the beginning of the new fiscal year....oct 1st.....

cause that is when im going for meps.....

apparently...in NJ....

only infantry and artillery slots are open....

then there are a few rare mos's .....thats abut it....

kinda disappointed when the recruiter listed open slots

Re: Meps and mos questions

Idk how right that recruiter is... which one in NJ did you speak to? My unit needs 88M as well as a few other MOS'.... My UMR looks like its bleeding from all the empty red slots lol

Comment

ARTILLERY BOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!

You can change you're mos up to the point you sign, it will involve your recuiter doing a little more work.

But it's your career.

Do something exciting like ARTILLERY!!!!!! BOOOOOM!!!!! however it's not as exciting as 56M.

Comment

Originally posted by balls055 View Post
        apparently...in NJ....
        only infantry and artillery slots are open....(
        11B is the way to go. No need to search any further.

Comment

i got a 92 afqt abd 124 gt....well pretty much 124 in every section....

but since im not a citizen i dotn qualify for most mos's

i was hopin i go into the medical/aviation field...but there are virtually no medical slots open in NJ .....

there are a few aviation slots....

if i dont get most...

i might just go for infantry.....or water dogs...

Comment

When the Infantry gets pinned down, they call for ARTILLERY!!!!!!

Alpha 67 this is Bravo 45, Immediate supression Grid 123456, over.

BOOOOMMM!!!!!

Once you see a rifle then a canon, it will make you a true believer.

ARTILLERY!!!!! BOOM!!!

Comment

BOOOOOM, ARTILLERY!!!!

"Artillery adds dignity, to what would otherwise be an ugly brawl"
              - Frederick the Great

"I do not have to tell you who won the war. You know the artillery did."
              - General George S. Patton

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me View Post
                When the Infantry gets pinned down, they call for ARTILLERY!!!!!!

Alpha 67 this is Bravo 45, Immediate supression Grid 123456, over.

BOOOOMMM!!!!!

Once you see a rifle then a canon, it will make you a true believer.

ARTILLERY!!!!! BOOM!!!
                I have an artillery buddy over in Afghanistan right now that just made me laugh.

Comment

* my recruiter has said he will lock in a temporary mos for me...until i go back to meps....

will i be able to change the mos at meps if i want to ?????

DO more slots for mos's open up at the beginning of the new fiscal year....oct 1st.....

cause that is when im going for meps.....

apparently...in NJ....

only infantry and artillery slots are open....

then there are a few rare mos's .....thats abut it....

kinda disappointed when the recruiter listed open slots
                  NJ right now has very few slots open for any jobs as we are approaching our end strength.

Also without citizen ship most of the other jobs that we have to offer you cannot do.

We do have one unit that is desprate for 92G if you dont want 11B or 13B

Comment

Does anybody know what i should expect at MEPS
                    i go Wednesay to Tampa. Idk what to expect, ore what its going to be like

Comment

or water dogs...
                      Please do not do this. You will regret it. Not because of the MOS choice, but rather the unit you will likely be assigned to if you are joining the NJARNG.

This is just one man's opinion, but I have firsthand experience with the 154th water purification company. It is not a good place to be.

Infantry makes an excellent first MOS. You can always reclass to something else later, but it's better to start in combat arms and then venture onto other paths than to do the reverse (like I did -- 88M to 11A).

Comment

Originally posted by jwarren View Post
                        Please do not do this. You will regret it. Not because of the MOS choice, but rather the unit you will likely be assigned to if you are joining the NJARNG.

This is just one man's opinion, but I have firsthand experience with the 154th water purification company. It is not a good place to be.

Infantry makes an excellent first MOS. You can always reclass to something else later, but it's better to start in combat arms and then venture onto other paths than to do the reverse (like I did -- 88M to 11A).
                        The infamous water purification company. Oh gosh! It is probably the most criminal company size element based on its history on the last deployment to Iraq. Didn't one of their soldiers with a gang affiliation hold another soldier hostage at gunpoint? Wasn't it that commander's 2nd attempt at a company command because he apparently was relieved from command midway through an Egypt deployment and sent back to New Jersey for instigating a fist fight with an E-6 which he lost pretty badly? I think right before he was being sent home, he stood in front of his company with two black eyes and stated, "Don't walk from a fight, RUN from a fight."

Anyone want to take a stab at what unit this clown currently commands?

Comment

Working...
                        X