Announcement

Announcement Module
Collapse
No announcement yet.

Private first class

Page Title Module
Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Private first class

    are there any perks for joining in as private first class ?? [e-3] ??

  • #2
    Re: Private first class

    a few buck more in you pay.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Private first class

      Originally posted by balls055
      are there any perks for joining in as private first class ?? [e-3] ??
      More money then if you were an E1 or E2.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Private first class

        gosh..more money ??? lol

        like what 100 bucks extra ???

        so ....how long does it take for an e-3 to become e-4 after bct+ait ??

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Private first class

          Originally posted by RSP NCO
          You get to eat first in the chow hall
          HAHahahhahahahahha....really ??


          yeah ...was wondering about such lil perks.....they go a long way

          are there more ???

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Private first class

            Originally posted by balls055
            gosh..more money ??? lol

            like what 100 bucks extra ???

            so ....how long does it take for an e-3 to become e-4 after bct+ait ??

            Time in service requirement is 24 months to get E4...doesnt matter whether you enlist as E3 or get it by later.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Private first class

              Originally posted by balls055
              how long does it take for an e-3 to become e-4 after bct+ait ??
              After IET, an E3 will have plenty of time to learn how to research this exact question. I will give you a head start... run a search for "AR 600-8-19". Look at page 14, Chapter 2, Section II 2-3.c.3 . Then look at page 15, Chapter 2, Section II 2-3.h.4.c for waiver info.

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Private first class

                Originally posted by Squash
                After IET, an E3 will have plenty of time to learn how to research this exact question. I will give you a head start... run a search for "AR 600-8-19". Look at page 14, Chapter 2, Section II 2-3.c.3 . Then look at page 15, Chapter 2, Section II 2-3.h.4.c for waiver info.

                searchin now...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Private first class

                  As a PFC, you can be expected to the smartest of the dumb. Usually, if there is an immediate detail that needs to get done - a PFC will be put in charge if no Specialist is around.You are realistically expected just to be the "go to" person if someone starts asking "Why are you here, and who sent you here?".

                  Some squared away PFC's can be Team Leaders. It is generally late in your PFC career, as you approach SPC, that your own supervisors have probably started to figure out if they can develop you into a future NCO, or if you are a S-bag.

                  Many of my Sergeants say that as a PFC, they generally expect to have to not spot-check you as much. You should be able to square yourself away by the time you are approaching specialist. PFC's who respond with "Yes Sergeant" without a Why or a Complaint, despite how crummy the job that needs to get done, tend to get the favor of their NCO's very quickly.
                  Last edited by SteveGuard; September 9th, 2010, 05:51 PM.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Private first class

                    Originally posted by SteveGuard
                    As a PFC, you can be expected to the smartest of the dumb. Usually, if there is an immediate detail that needs to get done - a PFC will be put in charge if no Specialist is around.You are realistically expected just to be the "go to" person if someone starts asking "Why are you here, and who sent you here?".

                    Some squared away PFC's can be Team Leaders. It is generally late in your PFC career, as you approach SPC, that your own supervisors have probably started to figure out if they can develop you into a future NCO, or if you are a S-bag.

                    Many of my Sergeants say that as a PFC, they generally expect to have to not spot-check you as much. You should be able to square yourself away by the time you are approaching specialist. PFC's who respond with "Yes Sergeant" without a Why or a Complaint, despite how crummy the job that needs to get done, tend to get the favor of their NCO's very quickly.
                    ahh thats some great info .....there steve

                    thanks a lot....

                    so what are your personal experiences as a pfc .....

                    does it help a lot in boot camp and ait starting off as pfc ???

                    or is it just a glorified gold sticker ...

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Private first class

                      Rank in boot has no advantages other than pay.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      X