X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chaplain dies in Afghanistan

This week our Nation lost an Army Chaplain while serving in Afghanistan.

He is survived by a wife and three children.

Earlier this summer, the Chaplain Corps lost SSG Christopher Stout a Chaplain's Assistant.

Prayers for the families. These soldiers answered the call to service during a time of persistent conflict. My heart a prayers got out to these soldiers and their families.

"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends."

"We discovered in that depressing, hellish place, where death was our constant companion, that we loved each other. We killed for each other, we died for each other, and we wept for each other." LTG Hal Moore, Ira Drang 1965

**more information to follow
    Last edited by Chaplain4me; August 31st, 2010, 05:03 PM.

Re: Chaplain dies in Afghanistan

This is a bummer. I'm sure it's a heavy loss for his unit. Thoughts and Prayers with him and his family.

Comment

I'm sorry to hear that Chaplains are there help people and try and make others feel better and good. I think that in todays world we need more of them, and I'm not just writing that I really do mean it!

Comment

Chaplains are great people. My heart goes out to his family.

Slightly off-topic: My father in law is now pursuing being a chaplain in the guard. He and I have talked about it for years and he has finally decided to go for it. He grew up an Army brat and doesnt want to live his love wondering what-if, especially since he has seen my desire to go back in. He talked to the state's chaplain recruiter and they are waiting to hear back from NGB about an age waiver. He is 57 but the recruiter said it is probably do-able.

Comment

My condolences to the Chaplain and his family. And to the others who've died in Afghanistan this week. Tragedy...

Comment

Chaplain (Captain) Dale A. Goetz was killed in action in Afghaniston on August 30, 2010
            It is with my deepest sympathy and utmost respect that I announce to our Chaplain Corps that Chaplain (CPT) Dale A. Goetz was killed in action in Afghanistan on August 30, 2010 while serving as the Battalion Chaplain for 1-66th Armor Battalion, 4th Infantry Division. Dale was one of five Soldiers killed by an Improvised Explosive Device while traveling in a convoy near Kandahar Province. Chaplain Goetz is survived by his wife, ****, and by their three sons--****, **** and ****.

Chaplain Goetz is the first military chaplain killed in action in Iraq or Afghanistan. Dale was a selfless servant of God, a devoted husband and father, a strong American patriot, and a compassionate spiritual leader whose love for Soldiers was only surpassed by his firm commitment to living his calling as a United States Army Chaplain.

Please join with me in prayer for *****, ****, **** and **** as we mourn with them in the loss of Dale, our fellow Soldier and Unit Ministry Team member. Let us also strive to honor Dale's sacrifice with a continuing bold commitment to ensure the finest religious support and pastoral care possible for our beloved Soldiers and their Families.

May God bless the Goetz Family and the Families of all our Fallen Soldiers; and, may God bless our Army and the United States of America.

PRO DEO ET PATRIA...FOR GOD AND COUNTRY!

DOUGLAS L. CARVER
            Chaplain (Major General) US Army
            Chief of Chaplains

I took the family names out for security purposes and respect for the family.
            Last edited by Chaplain4me; September 4th, 2010, 05:44 PM.

Comment

I agree for security and respect....it is posted all over the net the exact release along with next of kin names! Shameful.

Comment

Working...
              X