X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Officer

I am wanting to be a police officer on the civilian side, when I get out of the military. I was told that my military experince would help with this, just for the simple fact that I would know how to handle a firearm. Whats everyone's take on this?

Re: Police Officer

I think you are looking at more than just simply knowing how to handle a firearm. With military experience, they expect you to have characteristics such as discipline, bearing, integrity and honor just to name a few....

Most departments look favorably upon us, even to the point of giving extra points or preferences (everyone in N. Texas does) and I expect your neck of the woods would warrant the same.

Comment

Re: Police Officer

I'll second what he said, I was a Police Officer for a while before I got on some ADSW orders in TN, my dept. loved the fact that I was military. Most departments are a para military organization so you have an idea of how things work from the beginning and they know that you can handle that kind of lifestyle since you have been doing it in the military. Best of luck to you!!

Comment

Working...
      X