Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Switching to a different base

Thank you for your time and reply.

Originally posted by RSP NCO
    Theres a difference between enlisting in a unit near by and then it moving and enlisting in a unit that is far away from the get go.

If you enlist in a near by unit and then the unit is moved then you have a couple of choices. You can either A. agree to move with your unit knowing that it is outside 50 miles, or B. Choose to find another unit within 50 miles and possibly reclass into a new job.

Comment

Originally posted by Bingo
      Thank you for your time and reply.
      I might add also that by "choose another near by unit", many times that means they may give you the choice of a couple different units or they may say "this is where your bring moved".

Comment

I asked for some insight on what I could do yet you all joke and poke fun at the fact that "I didn't pay attention" or "I need to read everything" Just because I'm labeled as a private doesn't mean I don't know how to pay attention. I have an eagle eye for detail and pay attention to the littlest things. Instead of telling me to pay more attention, those of you who decided to go off on your own little rant rather than PAYING ATTENTION to the question at hand....you all need to pay more attention. These types of things will drive new people away from this site, and this is why I will not be coming back to this site.

Good day to all

Comment

Get Over yourself. Thick Skin isnt issued to you, but its Required in All branches of the military. Attention to Detail, is something you will hear on a regular basis in the Army. Whether your a Private or a General. It applies to Civilian and Military.
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:08 AM. Reason: Dead Link

Comment

Originally posted by bdshipley
            I asked for some insight on what I could do yet you all joke and poke fun at the fact that "I didn't pay attention" or "I need to read everything" Just because I'm labeled as a private doesn't mean I don't know how to pay attention. I have an eagle eye for detail and pay attention to the littlest things. Instead of telling me to pay more attention, those of you who decided to go off on your own little rant rather than PAYING ATTENTION to the question at hand....you all need to pay more attention. These types of things will drive new people away from this site, and this is why I will not be coming back to this site.

Good day to all

You asked for insight? You enlisted into a unit and now you are stuck there until they decide to release you. It is no ones fault but your own that the unit is farther away then you'd prefer. All of the post in this thread were not directed towards you. They were simply talking about a problem that is a trend amongst new soldiers.

You can run away mad and learn nothing from the experience or you can stick around and get a lot of good information from many seasoned vets. It's up to you.

Comment

when i was in OSUT at FLW i was Delta 31st. Bravo 31st was just across the DMZ from us. we were marching back from the chow hall and saw Bravo getting the dog siht smoked out of them. front back goes. front they had to say "ATTENTION TO DETAIL" i forget what else they had to say, but that stuck in my mind as i laughed to myself. LOL

Comment

Working...
              X