X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• acu sleeve regulation

can anyone point out in 670-1 where it statew the ACU sleeves cannot be rolled? i briefly browsed through but did not see it. i know you cannot roll outwards like the marines do, but can the cuffs be rolled inward once?

Re: acu sleeve regulation

This isn't from AR 670-1, but a memo on ACU wear:

SLEEVES WILL BE WORN DOWN AT ALL TIMES, AND NOT ROLLED OR CUFFED.
    http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/unifor...20Ensemble.pdf

Comment

I saw someone with their sleeves rolled the other day...

Then he got closer and I realized he was Airforce.

Comment

My younger brother is in the Navy, but has just been sent to Ft. Gordon for a while. The first question he asked me after he got there was "why can't the Army roll up their sleeves?"

Comment

The ACUs are designed to be as breathable as possible and are made of light-weight/thin material compared to the older BDUs/DCUs. The only instance I can think of where you can slightly roll up your sleeves is in heat categories in which the temperature allows for the sleeves to be undone at the cuffs and rolled once or twice as well as the pant legs to be unbloused from the boots. Other than that, you can't roll them up, but I've tried it (in the privacy of my own home of course) and the sleeves look terrible rolled up anyway.

Comment

We had a private roll up his sleeves at drill in cat 5 heat. He got yelled at and dropped for pushups. Improper uniform wear and all that.

The ACUs are freakin hot, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be able to roll up the sleeves. Breathable ha!
            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:26 PM. Reason: Profane

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB

The ACUs are freakin hot, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be able to roll up the sleeves. Breathable ha!.
              You have no idea how much lighter the ACU's are then the BDU's.
              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:27 PM. Reason: Profane quote

Comment

Do you all actually think you would be any cooler with rolled sleeves? The difference is neglible. AR 670-1 won't address the ACU since the current version predates the adoption of the ACU by a few months.

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                  Absolutely! Maybe bring it back there will be less phat bodies on profile

Comment

Originally posted by RSP NCO
                    THANK YOU. I'll admit, the BDUs were before my time, but we still had to wear them for JROTC during orienteering, summer sessions, and a whole lot of other things that could have easily been done in civvies. BDUs beat the Class A/B though in terms of comfort. But then again, the Class As/Bs are just for that: Class/looks.

Comment

Originally posted by RandyB
                      The ACUs are freakin hot, I don't see any reason we shouldn't be able to roll up the sleeves. Breathable ha!.
                      We found in Iraq the ACU's were actually cooler than PT's, as they kept the direct sunlight off of your skin. That's no joke when it's 140 outside.......
                      Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:28 PM. Reason: Profane quote

Comment

http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/unifor...20Ensemble.pdf

Here is the initial ALARACT put out about wear of the ACU. Paragraph 5B states "SLEEVES WILL BE WORN DOWN AT ALL TIMES, AND NOT ROLLED OR CUFFED"

If you read through the ALARACT there is actually some good info in there!

Here is the Army G1 site with all the uniform ALARACTS including ASU and the Aircrew BDUs and stuff http://www.armyg1.army.mil/hr/uniform/default.asp
                        Last edited by SGTHess; July 19th, 2010, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                        X