X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 6 Days Till Graduation

5 more days until we turn blue and 6 more days until graduation! Then off to airborne school. Just got all my med stuff and PT test info for my airborne packet. I'm beyond ready to be outta this place. We lost about 100 guys from our company so we will be graduation about 135. Recovery weeks s u c k. We've only got about 2 hours of sleep the past 3 nights. So much for recovery.

Honor Hill was cool by the way. The final 15 mile ruck was no fun after probably 30 miles of rucking through the hills of Georgia for FTX, but was beyond worth it to walk to Honor Hill.
    Last edited by azIce; July 17th, 2010, 02:16 PM.

Re: 6 Days Till Graduation

Originally posted by azIce
    5 more days until we turn blue and 6 more days until graduation! Then off to airborne school. Just got all my med stuff and PT test info for my airborne packet. I'm beyond ready to be outta this place. We lost about 100 guys from our company so we will be graduation about 135. Recovery weeks s u c k. We've only got about 2 hours of sleep the past 3 nights. So much for recovery.

Honor Hill was cool by the way. The final 15 mile ruck was no fun after probably 30 miles of rucking through the hills of Georgia for FTX, but was beyond worth it to walk to Honor Hill.
    100 guys? Damm what happened?

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
      100 guys? Damm what happened?
      Delta 1-50 happened.

Broken, EPTS, ELS, mental probs, some were forced out.
      Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:14 AM. Reason: Profane

Comment

I assume some were PT failures?

Comment

Originally posted by azIce
          Delta 1-50 happened.

Broken, EPTS, ELS, mental probs, some were forced out.
          Nice... and...

Congratulations.
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:15 AM. Reason: Profane Quote

Comment

I assume some were PT failures?
            When i went through we lost a few to PT failures. From our platoon it was probably around 2-3, but at the company level it was a bit higher. They just got recycled. It's not like they were sent home (well, two of them were, but they had already been recycled).

Comment

Originally posted by Hanson
              When i went through we lost a few to PT failures. From our platoon it was probably around 2-3, but at the company level it was a bit higher. They just got recycled. It's not like they were sent home (well, two of them were, but they had already been recycled).
              Really makes you wonder just in how bad of shape were they

Comment

Really makes you wonder just in how bad of shape were they
                Majority "gave up" before they even went down the trail! The "shock and awe" of recruit training well is shocking to the weak minded. Then the hypochondriacs come out of the woodwork!

They see the easy way out of training is to go to sick call. Then profile after profile. The majority are the smack talkers that say I'm gonna do this and that....they are lucky to make through week 4 before being sent home. Once home then they talk about how the Army lied to them.

Pathetic weak "generation Y" couch potatoes that can't live without their gadgets! You know the give me this and that generation. Wants everything given too them and the word earn is taboo. (little league syndrome everyone is a winner)

Once the "hat" has weeded the cancer from platoon (there is always a few that slip thru the cracks) usually are weeded out with in 12-18 months if there on AD (give them enough rope they will hang themselves).

Name a Piece that can't pass a APFT after 10 weeks of BCT...if so they should be recycled back to TD1. Afford the recruit to redue BCT after that FIRE his or her sorry-ness. Send bill to SNS (subject named soldier) to repay the US government for waste and defrauding the American taxpayer!
                Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:17 AM. Reason: Profane

Comment

Not all of my generation is like that

There's a couple good ones!

Comment

Originally posted by NJ732
                    Not all of my generation is like that

There's a couple good ones!
                    Of course there are alot of good ones! However, our society is engendering "equalism" within the public school systems, and in a democracy there is noting equal except protection afforded to its citizenry within the consitution.

Some recruits have never had their parents raise there voice at them, busted their hind ends, or even got into a fist fight. Some have never left there family, had wives and girlfriend break-ups, or been without a cell phone/Ipod/Xbox/lap top more than a day!

Add in the "shock and awe" of the DS your world comes crumbling down quick, fast, and in a hurry! Thats why the failures in graduations. PT failures has little to do it.

Surely a "tool" can pass a APFT with a 50/50/50 after 10 weeks.....

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                      Of course there are alot of good ones! However, our society is engendering "equalism" within the public school systems, and in a democracy there is noting equal except protection afforded to its citizenry within the consitution.

Some recruits have never had their parents raise there voice at them, busted their hind ends, or even got into a fist fight. Some have never left there family, had wives and girlfriend break-ups, or been without a cell phone/Ipod/Xbox/lap top more than a day!

Add in the "shock and awe" of the DS your world comes crumbling down quick, fast, and in a hurry! Thats why the failures in graduations. PT failures has little to do it.

Surely a "tool" can pass a APFT with a 50/50/50 after 10 weeks.....
                      Amen! Couldn't have said it better myself. Now tell us how you really feel. LOL

Comment

Graduate tomorrow, then off to airborne school. Turning Blue was a cool ceremony. Wow... we can't sing... lol

And yes, some of the guys were PT recycles. Not very many though. Maybe three.
                        Last edited by azIce; July 22nd, 2010, 06:35 PM.

Comment

Congrats on earning your "blue cord"! Good luck at airborne.

Comment

Good Deal, now go get rid of that LEG status, its stinking up the place.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                              Majority "gave up" before they even went down the trail! The "shock and awe" of recruit training well is shocking to the weak minded. Then the hypochondriacs come out of the woodwork!

They see the easy way out of training is to go to sick call. Then profile after profile. The majority are the big talkers that say I'm gonna do this and that....they are lucky to make thru week 4 before being sent home. Once home then they talk about how the Army lied to them.

Pathetic weak "generation Y" couch potatoes that can't live without their gadgets! You know the give me this and that generation. Wants everthing given too them and the word earn is taboo. (little league syndrome everyone is a winner)

Once the "hat" has weeded the cancer from platoon (there is always a few that slip thru the cracks) usually are weeded out with in 12-18 months if there on AD (give them enough rope they will hang themselves).

Name a Piece that can't pass a APFT after 10 weeks of BCT...if so they should be recycled back to TD1. Afford the recruit to redue BCT after that FIRE his or her sorry self. Send bill to SNS (subject named soldier) to repay the US government for waste and defrauding the American taxpayer!
                              I was in hold-under status at my BCT while I was waiting for a Security Clearance to go to Huachuca. You remind me of all the Drill Sergeants (who had assumed I had failed BCT, because me and everyone else waiting for clearances was grouped with the failures for Chow and barracks living) who would tell me "Thanks for wasting the Governments money! You're a waste of space private!" amongst other non-colorful comments. One Drill Sergeant even took a particular "liking" to me, and for the next week every time I ate in his Chow-Hall, he would rag on me for about 15 minutes just to hear me say "Yes, Drill Sergeant" about 50 times. I do not know to this date why he was so focused on me , heh.

This was severely depressing, considering I had passed my BCT with honors - but was held indefinitely in limbo at the mercy of Drill Sergeants who were sure that I was stealing their valuable tax money haha. So when are you gonna be the Army's Crustiest Drill Sergeant 7011USMC?
                              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:21 AM. Reason: Profane quote

Comment

Working...
                              X