X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 6 Days Till Graduation

So when are you gonna be the Army's Crustiest Drill Sergeant 7011USMC?
    You must have been the exception. Somethings never change though. There will always be that 10% that SCAMS the system. I applaud your DS for weeding the cancer.

Sure there maybe a "few" of the good ones left and need time for being a hold over. However, empirical experience in dealing with troops....usually have to side that there are worthless birds and they are the weakest link!

As a seasoned NCO I always took care of my troopers in my charge! Kinda like you take care of me....I'LL BE YOUR BIGGEST ALLY....you ruin me....It's all day long 24/7/365.

People respond to different stimuli....Postive reinforcement/negative reinforcement. I don't sugarcoat; Yet I'm not beyond reproach either. Mission first though mentality.

You must lead by example....not "do as I say not as I do". Somebody has to be in charge and sometimes it a MF'er.

I stand buy my assessment of the "Y" generation. Kids coming in today have no clue. Parents never beat them, rarely raise there voice in fear of damaging "free thought or self esteem", and most never been in a fist fight and took a "kicking".

Awesome learning evolution to experience the "thrill of victory and agony of defeat". I love to see people lose their sense's due to having no cell phone/myface/spacebook.....or gadgets.

Military isn't for the "weak minded or hearted". **** it up and drive on.
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:28 AM. Reason: profane

Comment

Well just to first correct something the United States is NOT a democracy were a Republic. Now there of course is alot of truth to what you just said but for some who weren't just up to it that doesn't make them bad people but they just need more reinforcement thats all. I try not to judge anyone else besides thats for the Man upstairs to do not me.

Comment

Originally posted by azIce
        Graduate tomorrow, then off to airborne school. Turning Blue was a cool ceremony. Wow... we can't sing... lol

And yes, some of the guys were PT recycles. Not very many though. Maybe three.
        Congradulations!

Comment

Originally posted by o13starsnstripes
          Well just to first correct something the United States is NOT a democracy were a Republic. Now there of course is alot of truth to what you just said but for some who weren't just up to it that doesn't make them bad people but they just need more reinforcement thats all. I try not to judge anyone else besides thats for the Man upstairs to do not me.
          Of course its the Man upstairs job to judge. However, when you in charge of a body of troops in one big "hodge podge" they (DS) have 10 weeks to mold and mentor recruits into soldiers.

That entails indoctrinating young men and women into service. "Shock and awe" for the majority of the newbies if you will. Some adapt alot won't.

These skilled NCO's are trained to evaluate and rid "dead weight". Once your in you'll know what I'm talking about. There in all branches of service and unfortuanately somebody has the job to train soldiers.

It is not all "peaches and creme".....Some of my best chewins came from compassionate yet gritty Officers. However, to see the look of disappointment on there face was enough for me.

I never wanted to let down or disgrace my officers, command, or my SgtMaj.

When I was a young trooper in early 1980's....I'd hear how soft of troopers we were. Can you imagine 1Sgt or SgtMaj that was a Korean war vet telling you that.
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:29 AM. Reason: profane

Comment

Anyone other than me see the irony of this post?

(The guy in BASIC TRAINING using the internet to post his status.
            And the sermon about 'gadgets'.)
            Almost as good as my fellow Officer Candidates stories about sleeping
            in their wall lockers last year at basic.

HA!

This is why I have to refrain from slapping people
            when they question my Air Force Basic Training from 1992.
            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:30 AM. Reason: Profane

Comment

This is why I have to refrain from slapping people
              when they question my Air Force Basic Training from 1992.
              Easy does it stud. 6 weeks at Lackland made you hardcore.
              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 10th, 2011, 11:31 AM. Reason: profane quote

Comment

HA!
                Good one.

More of a stud than I would be if I had to go to Army
                boot camp last year. But admittedly I'd be better at
                cadence and PT!

Hey I'm old.

(Alligator eats the big number)

Comment

Working...
                X