X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Still unclear about correspondence regs

Side note: I sent this as a PM to a user on this board before I had posting privileges. As I have not received an answer yet (just sent the message), I figured it would be most beneficial to post the question here.

"I am currently an E-3 in the National Guard, going up for a waiver promotion next month (hopefully). I have started doing Correspondence Courses on AKO via train.army.mil and also ATRRS. Do these both count? I have searched throughout the internet and I cannot find anywhere that has an exact answer. I only see the courses completed through LMS via ATRRS's Training Record/Transcript, so I'm not sure if the ones from ako count as well.

Additionally, I have found conflicting answers regarding the maximum promotion points awarded for Correspondence Courses. I understand that it is 200 points (1000 hours) for the Active Duty side (I have seen this on these forums and elsewhere). However, I have seen that the National Guard uses a system where the max promotion points is 75 points.

I currently have 154 hours (combined ATRRS and AKO) and I'm wondering if I should stop at 375 hours (75 points) or 1,000.

Thank you so much for your help."

Re: Still unclear about correspondence regs

Originally posted by DreavusX
    Side note: I sent this as a PM to a user on this board before I had posting privileges. As I have not received an answer yet (just sent the message), I figured it would be most beneficial to post the question here.

"I am currently an E-3 in the National Guard, going up for a waiver promotion next month (hopefully). I have started doing Correspondence Courses on AKO via train.army.mil and also ATRRS. Do these both count? I have searched throughout the internet and I cannot find anywhere that has an exact answer. I only see the courses completed through LMS via ATRRS's Training Record/Transcript, so I'm not sure if the ones from ako count as well.

Additionally, I have found conflicting answers regarding the maximum promotion points awarded for Correspondence Courses. I understand that it is 200 points (1000 hours) for the Active Duty side (I have seen this on these forums and elsewhere). However, I have seen that the National Guard uses a system where the max promotion points is 75 points.

I currently have 154 hours (combined ATRRS and AKO) and I'm wondering if I should stop at 375 hours (75 points) or 1,000.

Thank you so much for your help."
    Short n sweet. We use 75 points maximum and yes the courses off AKO count.

Comment

Re: Still unclear about correspondence regs

Thanks! Also, has anyone had trouble with their Courses being counted as "Unsuccessful"? I have had two tests say that so far when I have passed both of them. I e-mailed the ALMS people about it, hopefully will get a reply tomorrow... Just wanted to know if I'm the only one or not.

EDIT: For anyone wondering, all I had to do was call ALMS and they fixed it right away.
      Last edited by DreavusX; July 8th, 2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X