Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Privates gone wild

This is no means a dig at privates.

I was here on post and their was a private just sitting there with his id tags hanging out of his uniform, chillin and eating with his family on family day.

I'm proud of all the privates though, I like to see them smile when they are with their families. My next thread will be Lieutenants gone wild lol.

Re: Privates gone wild

Never understood why so many people do that. Heck, in my squad, it's a smoking still.

Doesn't make you look cool, you just look like a moron.

Comment

WUD ^ SIR. i want a church service!

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
        This is no means a dig at privates.

I was here on post and their was a private just sitting there with his id tags hanging out of his uniform, chillin and eating with his family on family day.

I'm proud of all the privates though, I like to see them smile when they are with their families. My next thread will be Lieutenants gone wild lol.
        Were they wearing PT shirts with jeans? I love that stuff.

Comment

I can't believe how much freedom the IET privates have here are FLW. They seriously clog the PX on weekends. Then they all have cell phones, computers, etc. I was at the on post Pizza Hut the other day and one walks in with his shorts hanging off his legs. I told him to pull it up, and I actually though he was going to argue with me. His friend about crapped his pants. It's sad to see.
          Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:37 PM. Reason: Profane

Comment

What on earth has my Army come to? Back in my days of Basic (98) there was no such thing as being off on weekends, we had a few hours after church on Sundays to do laundry and shine boots........wow...We were not even allowed off Sand Hill to graduation from OSUT.

Comment

I said the same thing in 1980's......I'll almost bet there is a GI out there that said the same thing in the 70's, 60's, 50's, and 40's!

Modern technology and age of information is what changed. Must be good enough for Uncle Sam because all the branches of the military has change its training doctrine to adapt to today's new "expeditionary" wars vice the larger "conventional" (cold) wars of 60 to 70 years ago.

TRADOC is satisfied with the quality of training, education, and IQ of the "new breed" of soldier. If you see an unsat soldier "square" them away!

The military still demands "good order and discipline". It is up to it's leaders to instill, teach, and mentor their troopers.

It's not just privates; I've seen bag NCO's and Officer's doing things there not suppose to be doing either. Everyone vears off course from time to time and nobody is beyond reproach or above the law.
              Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:39 PM. Reason: Profane

Comment

Originally posted by Chaplain4me
                My next thread will be Lieutenants gone wild lol.
                I might have to contribute to THIS thread....or maybe not.... LOL

Comment

I want everyone to know, I'm really proud of privates.

They sure aren't in it for the money. The other night we did the night infiltration course with some privates.

The privates I see are pretty tough young adults.

They stank though. WOOoo, glory. Drill SGT, give those privates a bath.

I would describe most privates I see here as tough.

Comment

Originally posted by 7011USMC
                    I said the same thing in 1980's......I'll almost bet there is a GI out there that said the same thing in the 70's, 60's, 50's, and 40's!

Modern technology and age of information is what changed. Must be good enough for Uncle Sam because all the branches of the military has change its training doctrine to adapt to today's new "expeditionary" wars vice the larger "conventional" (cold) wars of 60 to 70 years ago.

TRADOC is satisfied with the quality of training, education, and IQ of the "new breed" of soldier. If you see an unsat soldier "square" them away!

The military still demands "good order and discipline". It is up to it's leaders to instill, teach, and mentor their troopers.

It's not just privates; I've seen shieot bag NCO's and Officer's doing things there not suppose to be doing either. Everyone vears off course from time to time and nobody is beyond reproach or above the law.
                    I agree. I was off post at a gorcery store picking up some things after drill one sunday, and I saw a SGT (E5) walking around in ACUs with his pants unbloused, half of his top unzipped and some boot-laces sticking out of one of his boots. Maybe he had a bad day or something, but I still walked up to him and asked him to square himself away. I say 'asked' because there is no way an E3 (me) is going to tell an E5 (him) what to do. He just gave me a look, fixed himself and stormed off.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
                      I can't believe how much freedom the IET privates have here are FLW. They seriously clog the PX on weekends. Then they all have frickin' cell phones, computers, etc. I was at the on post Pizza Hut the other day and one walks in with his shorts hanging off his legs. I told him to pull it up, and I actually though he was going to argue with me. His friend about crapped his pants. It's sad to see.
                      I have to comment on this. I just got back from FLW a few weeks ago and let me say that not EVERY company there gets weekends off and stuff. Delta 31st was my company. we NEVER had a weekend off. we had one 3 hour post pass our entire 16 weeks there. we only had 5 phone calls in those 16 weeks. we sure did not have our cell phone, but we did see the groups of IET soldiers that you were talking about. Sitting under trees at the mini PX's eating candy, drinking soda, and talking on their cells. As much as i wanted those freedoms when i was there i'm glad i didn't have them. i know they did things the way they did to better us. i'm thankful they did now.
                      Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:42 PM. Reason: profane quote

Comment

Originally posted by PFC Nothstein
                        I have to comment on this. I just got back from FLW a few weeks ago and let me say that not EVERY company there gets weekends off and stuff. Delta 31st was my company. we NEVER had a weekend off. we had one 3 hour post pass our entire 16 weeks there. we only had 5 phone calls in those 16 weeks. we sure did not have our cell phone, but we did see the groups of IET soldiers that you were talking about. Sitting under trees at the mini PX's eating candy, drinking soda, and talking on their cells. As much as i wanted those freedoms when i was there i'm glad i didn't have them. i know they did things the way they did to better us. i'm thankful they did now.

You will be the one to appreciate it more when you get in a situation to use that training.

Sad to say it but the leadership that allows these sodiers to do this is pretty much preparing them for some sort of failure.
                        Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 12:43 PM. Reason: profane quote

Comment

I had a Navy Chaplain Candidate salute me today, I thought that was cute since we're the same rank.

Comment

I had an enlisted Navy girl salute me in Kuwait. Im pretty sure she out ranked me but I really hope not.

Comment

This isnt a negative, but a annoying positive. I just returned from a few weeks at Ft. McClellan. They were running a OCS program like normal. Going to the DFAC and having every Canidate stop, come to parade rest and tell me good morning was ok, after the first 50 times. After that first 50, I just avoided Breakfast all together. I am proud of those guys busting their tail, but it takes 5min to get in the front door, and I wont be rude those guys deserve respect, because they are treated like junk. I know a few of you have gone through that course.

Comment

Working...
                              X