X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 36 Hour Pass - Sand Hill *****!

Hey everyone. It's been a little over 2 months since my last post. I'm on my 36 hour pass with 6 weeks remaining. The training isn't too hard. We are in a high speed, high stress company. I'm sure many say this, but I promise you we are in the toughest infantry company. We have spoken to almost every other company out there in one form or another and they've heard of us. When I or anyone else tell someone we are in Delta 1/50 they say. "We've heard of you guys. I'm glad I'm not in that company." Believe me or not, Delta 1/50 is no joke.

At least it's 100 degrees with 100% humidity and we just got back from a night in the woods. 95 degrees at 0300 is a good time. "What just bit me?"

Sand Hill!!!!!!!!!!!!

I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
    Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 02:00 PM. Reason: profane

Re: 36 Hour Pass - Sand Hill *****!

So hardcore...but you got a pass? Fail.

Comment

...the real infantry graduated from Harmony Church. :-)

And I never saw a pass the entire time I was there. A couple of older guys with families did get overnight passes in week ten or eleven, though.

Comment

So, I guess you are ready for PRC then.....

Comment

Yes, we got a pass. We are sissies, but we are the toughest sissies.

Comment

Haha it's the same story from every private.

"Our basic was SO much harder than everyone else's"

But really, mine was way harder. I promise.

Comment

i was on sandbill, bravo 2/54 and we got a pass every-single-weekend. EVERY single one, it was pretty beast

Comment

every company is high speed and high stress...

Comment

Originally posted by Mizzou
                  Haha it's the same story from every private.

"Our basic was SO much harder than everyone else's"

But really, mine was way harder. I promise.
                  Haha, I have a combat patch.

That's harder than where you went to basic. I promise.

Comment

Originally posted by PalatialGabe
                    Haha, I have a combat patch.

That's harder than where you went to basic. I promise.
                    I saw this movie where the cooks in the unit got a combat patch from being in their unit

Comment

Congrats btw az. You'll be done in no time. Don't get in trouble, don't get a bct tattoo with your "unit" crest and always remember, there's life after bct/ait/osut.

Comment

Originally posted by PalatialGabe
                        Congrats btw az. You'll be done in no time. Don't get in trouble, don't get a bct tattoo with your "unit" crest and always remember, there's life after bct/ait/osut.
                        He's in his 30's....I hope he's past that.....

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
                          He's in his 30's....I hope he's past that.....
                          You'd be surprised.

Comment

How "high speed" can you be when you're trained the same standard as every other infantryman comming out of Sandhill? No offense, but it's just how the Army mentallity is.

Every class after you is easier because you're tough and further along in the cycle. Only place that doesn't happen, Ranger school and SFQC, and that's because you feel bad for the people who are about to expirience what you just did. Yay! 270 day PCS to mountain phase!!

When at Benning I was in platoon with literally all 18x, Ranger, and Airborne contracts. Two of my drill sgts came from batt, and the rest from 82nd. They smoked the absolute dogs out of us and we all thought we were high speed high stress and the other companies and platoons were different. They weren't, it's all the same standards. Good luck at jump school, since you're still a dirty nasty leg.

I was a TL in a RSTA unit a few years ago and was given 2 fresh privates and an ATL who had only been out of benning for about 6 months. They all were equally trained, and still didn't know a thing past "how to fire that way." You have a long way to go Incredible Hulk, especially since you're heading over to the LRRS. You'll learn things your first day in the field that will blow your head off, especially since they don't teach you how to board a blackhawk in basic training. (note blowing head off can become literal in that situation)

Truth is, you won't know it until half way through your first deployment, so become a sponge and don't get cocky.
                            Last edited by SFC_Wilson; March 13th, 2011, 01:56 PM. Reason: profane

Comment

Working...
                            X