X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coffee in Field

I know I'm going to catch **** for these questions, but I'm going to throw it out anyway.

Been to two drills and everything is going great. We're heading to Camp Roberts in two weeks for AT and so far I have 1 uniform and no gear. Bought my own beret to fill out my 1 uniform. I'm told I will get all my field gear down at Roberts. (Rest is on order through unit)

Here are my questions:
    What would you suggest I pick up before AT? Any must needs?
    • I'm a huge coffee drinker and I have a JetBoil from REI I take camping. Will I get lit up for packing it along with some Starbucks instant coffee?

Thanks!!!

Re: Coffee in Field

Originally posted by Oldschool23
    I know I'm going to catch **** for these questions, but I'm going to throw it out anyway.

Been to two drills and everything is going great. We're heading to Camp Roberts in two weeks for AT and so far I have 1 uniform and no gear. Bought my own beret to fill out my 1 uniform. I'm told I will get all my field gear down at Roberts. (Rest is on order through unit)

Here are my questions:
    What would you suggest I pick up before AT? Any must needs?
    • I'm a huge coffee drinker and I have a JetBoil from REI I take camping. Will I get lit up for packing it along with some Starbucks instant coffee?

Thanks!!!
    I would imagine that it would be up to your unit, but I took a 34 inch flat screen tv, xbox, and stereo to Iraq with my unit (regular Army) so I would assume not. Especially if you offer your TL/1SG/CO a cup or two.

Then again, I am not an expert in the NG, drills, or AT.

Comment

For AT I doubt it would be an issue. We had a perculator. Check with your CoC though.

Comment

The only thing that I wish I had brought to my first AT was civilian clothing for the day we went on pass.

As far as coffee, they always had it for us at every training site during AT and MOB regardless of where we were.

Comment

Originally posted by Formerly SGT Pflueger
          I would imagine that it would be up to your unit, but I took a 34 inch flat screen tv, xbox, and stereo to Iraq with my unit (regular Army) so I would assume not. Especially if you offer your TL/1SG/CO a cup or two.
          Then again, I am not an expert in the NG, drills, or AT.
          What about the PL/PSG????

Comment

I'm addicted to the nescafe single packs they have in MREs...

Comment

A fueltab stove for heating coffee is essential.

Comment

Coffee, eck, yuck. Give me tea any day.

Comment

I'm sure it'll be ok... but if you're combat arms son enough you'll just stick the coffee grounds from MRE's in your mouth and then take a slug of water and mix it around. instant coffee

Comment

I can't speak for the Guard/Reserves, as I haven't done an AT with them yet, but when I was on active duty in the Marines, coffee was absolutely mandatory in the field.

Comment

LOL we got guys in my unit that bring, Hot plates, Inflatable mattresses, Coffee makers...oh and the occasional liquor store...Cant forget that crew.

But the best thing to bring which I started to do, is make sure you got instant coffee, sugar, powdered creamer, extension cord, sandwich baggies and electrical tape, baby wipes and matches. Those are the key items I bring.

Just don't let your supply section get caught walking out of the PX with 4 full boxes of mixed liquors, food and more liquor by the S1, Happened to us in Camp. Blanding, FL during our last AT lol. Glad I wasn't supply.
                      Last edited by teddy13bu6; February 2nd, 2011, 04:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X