Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Regarding Specialty schools IE> Sappers, Mountain, Air etc

Originally posted by RandyB
    I may try for airborne with rotc next summer considering I wont get to go to ldac until my graduating year.
    You better step up your PT hardcore to even consider BAC. A minimum Physical Fitness score of 250 is required. not including pull ups.....

Comment

be prepared to run all day from point A to point B. le sighhhhh

Comment

Originally posted by KMANinTX
        You better step up your PT hardcore to even consider BAC. A minimum Physical Fitness score of 250 is required. not including pull ups.....
        That's not even nice

Comment

I suspect my pt will be much better after basic and pting rotc three days a week.

Comment

isnt pt for ROTC for people who can't pass PT tests and they make it mandatory? It's like that over @ LU ROTC anway, maybe different for others but if your serious abotu PT, 3 days a week is just meh for getting in shape

Comment

Originally posted by SGT Bart
              isnt pt for ROTC for people who can't pass PT tests and they make it mandatory? It's like that over @ LU ROTC anway, maybe different for others but if your serious abotu PT, 3 days a week is just meh for getting in shape
              That is depentant upon the PMS at each unit. At the University of Central Florida we do mandatory PT 3 days a week for all contracted cadets and encouraged for non-contracted for MSI and II's. If they can't pass the PT test or are an MSIII or IV then they do PT 5 days a week. And then we do optional PFT 3 times a week in the afternoon for those that want to attend that as well.

Over at the University of South Florida I have been told that they PT once a week.

So it really is dependent upon the PMS

Comment

No, everyone has to do at least 2 days of pt in rotc. It's mandatory and part of your training, here at least.

Comment

Cadet PT = a waste of time. You will need to work on your own to actually get into shape.

Comment

You get out what you put into it. Everyone runs on their own and can go as fast as they want.

Comment

Originally posted by PalatialGabe
                      That's not even nice
                      You know better than anyone what's expected at BAC. Run, run ,run....I just pointed that out from the website. All I said was to step up the PT.

You should come to drill with me. There are like 80 ROTC, RSP, etc there.
                      I was smoking 2/3 of them during the PT and I'm almost 41. It's really sad that someone old enough to be their dad is running behind (lapping them)them telling them to keep going, you can make it, it's only a mile (I have to do 2).....Sorry, I have NO sympathy for the weak.

"here's your trophy for 11th place.....everyone is a winner"..........

Comment

You get out what you put into it. Everyone runs on their own and can go as fast as they want.

If thats your theory on PT, then you will be gone by 0800 on Day 1, at Airborne School.

Comment

Originally posted by cyall
                          Cadet PT = a waste of time. You will need to work on your own to actually get into shape.
                          Maybe at the University that you went to but UCF has around 35% of our Battalion scoring over 300. Again, ROTC PT is dependent upon your PMS, some units are good and some could use some improvement

Comment

Originally posted by blkobswg
                            Maybe at the University that you went to but UCF has around 35% of our Battalion scoring over 300. Again, ROTC PT is dependent upon your PMS, some units are good and some could use some improvement
                            CYALL was a ROTC recruiter but was commissioned the hard way AOCS.

Comment

the airborne pt was good, other not so much.

Comment

the airborne pt was good, other not so much.

???......

Not sure how you had "Airborne" PT.

Anyhow, set your PT goals past what you expect to achieve. Like for me, I'm training to exceed Ranger standards. It may be 1-2 yrs away, but when that time comes, I will be physically ready.

If Airborne is one of your goals, MAKE IT A GOAL NOW. Do not wait until the last minute to start preparing. You know running is a HUGE part of it. Set up a stepped timeline for you to achieve being able to run 5 miles in 40 min.

Make it happen

Comment

Working...
                                X